Friday, April 2, 2010

New life and a brick wall

For me, it isn’t ironic that spring and Easter are hand-in-hand on the calendar. This week as my little family has prepared for Easter ((and played outside EVERY day because it has been GORGEOUS)) I couldn’t help but notice all of the new life in our yard. We’re slightly obsessed with Japanese Maples in my family. Our maples last weekend had baby buds that looked like knots. Now, they are full fledged leaves- all in a few days time. Not ironically, this weekend is Easter which, for me and my family, symbolizes our new life in Christ. So, I’m just of the belief that spring and Easter are “friends” for a darn good reason. I love the Lord’s subtle reminders and have really enjoyed reflecting on that this week. I’m sure my husband’s seminary background would enjoy this simple cliché.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead… 1 Peter 1:3

On a lighter note, have you ever wondered what happens when you run into a brick wall? Evie will be our model…..

2 comments:

  1. I think Evie and Kai would have a BLAST together! No training wheels. She seems to live dangerously like he does and not really be afraid of trying anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete