Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A tradition

I was thinking about this post and realized that I have several “traditions” with my grandparents. I LOVE that. They are some of my most favorite people (and not because I act like I’m their age 99% of the time either). One of the longest standing traditions is our annual circus date-Every year. Opening night. Written in red on the calendar. I have NO idea how long they’ve been taking me, but it seems close to forever. Even though last year was EB’s first time to be included, this year was REALLY her first time. Does that make sense? Of course not. She got it this year. Mezmerized.In a timely manner, her school focused on the circus all week long. So, to say she was geared up by Saturday would be a slight understatement. Evidently each age class did a “circus parade” throughout the week because she could NOT wait for the “parade” at the real circus?! I hope it met her expectations because I’m still a little confused as to what exactly that means. Evie is a HUGE fan of elephants (as every good Bama girl should be). So, that’s a given. However, she told me she was scared of clowns and was very worried they would be at the circus. Well…..hmmm. Afterwards, she had the following account of her experience:

Me: EB, what was your MOST favorite thing?
EB: THE CLOWNS! They were so funny.
Me: Really? Wow. What about the elephants?
EB: They are too big.
Hmmm..... I may agree.

And, then, she put on a show of her own....
To be continued…

2 comments:

  1. She is turning into SUCH a good mix of you and JB...RTR EB! (How's that for some abbreviations?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I squealed a total of three times in this post. I will let you guess why...

    ReplyDelete