I'm back... I think. We have so much to catch up on. I haven't left you totally stranded with my pitiful random posts here and there, but...things have been insanely busy. For me alone, I checked off several major projects at work, we visited JB in Chattanooga one weekend (like two months ago. No, you haven't seen pics of that...YET), I lost a dear dear co-worker, friend and mentor last week (I'm still trying to adjust...as is our entire department), we welcomed spring with OPEN arms and snotty noses, I finally took a vacation day to spend time at home and with EB and here we are...April! My head is still slightly spinning. The next couple of months aren't promising much of a slower pace. Hello... this week we celebrate FIVE years of marriage!!! 
My sweet girl, since we last REALLY talked, is completely potty trained. I could NOT be more proud of her. She has done exceptionally well and shocked me with her "on boardness." Her vocabulary and memory of words, events, etc is alarmingly wonderful. I'm so proud of her. Even more exciting (for me), she claims to be a "Mommy's gurl." I love it.
I can't help but SWELL when she looks at JB with her big ol' dimples and wholeheartedly declares a "side." We get so tickled...and believe me, it often changes the minute that man walks through the door or she lays eyes on him. The girl is incredibly decisive (didn't come from me), knows what she wants and when she wants it. We may had to have an impromptu meeting with her teachers to reign her in a tad.... Sigh. Lastly, she is FIRED up to start swimming lessons in less than a month. She asks EVERY morning if today is the day she gets to go swimming.
I can't help but SWELL when she looks at JB with her big ol' dimples and wholeheartedly declares a "side." We get so tickled...and believe me, it often changes the minute that man walks through the door or she lays eyes on him. The girl is incredibly decisive (didn't come from me), knows what she wants and when she wants it. We may had to have an impromptu meeting with her teachers to reign her in a tad.... Sigh. Lastly, she is FIRED up to start swimming lessons in less than a month. She asks EVERY morning if today is the day she gets to go swimming.PS- Found out the splash pad is now open at the zoo. Thanks to Mrs. Jennifer for coming to the rescue with an extra bathing suit. We are newbies at the zoo... I wasn't prepared for such entertainment.
Jason is as busy as always. They are getting geared up for Orientation 2011, so meetings are already in full swing every Wednesday night at the Black household. I LOVE this time of year. I am not giving him nearly enough credit, but his schedule is over the top insane and I struggle to keep track. In my humble opinion, he is wildy talented and incredible at what he does and works so hard day in and day out. Glad one of us is smart! He gave EB her first rose on Valentine's day. While she looks terrified, she was OVER the moon about her rose. We managed to keep it alive for a week. Every night at dinner she would thank him for her "wed fwower."
I'll leave you with that bit of "edge of your seat" excitement and be back soon with a Chatta-googa" update. I'm drowning in pictures... 


Very cute! Sounds really busy! Glad to see an entry! Great job on the potty training...I am completely jealous!!
ReplyDeleteThat picture in the swimsuit is PRICELESS. That will make the rehearsal dinner slide show for sure! Precious!
ReplyDelete