There comes a time in every young girl’s life where she must…well…sink or swim. Tis that time for little EB who has ABSOLUTELY no fear of the water. There are nerves when you’re at a pool, but when you’re a regular lake goer, the nerves are unprecedented and..well.. she must learn to swim. Learning to “swim” is a bit relative. By “swimming” I mean blowing bubbles in the water at this stage, but she’ll get there. Better to blow them than inhale them. 
We have a sweet friend who let it slip that she teaches swimming lessons on the side. PR by day (bless her…she sits near me) and swim teacher and wedding planning extraordinaire by night (please don’t kill me for this shameless plug, AW). I have NO idea of her schedule, but if you’re interested, let me know and we’ll see if we can work it out. All I know is that you can’t have Wednesday evenings or Saturday mornings during my time because…EB must learn to sink or swim.
I didn’t give AW enough credit. My child performs wonderfully FOR HER and is making great progress lesson after lesson. Kids are amazing and I often underestimate her abilities as a little tyke. I thought I was good with kids…AW blows me out of the water in patience, how she communicates with EB and her overall effectiveness.
So, here’s to her not making too big of a splash….
Thank you, Miss Allison, for teaching us how to swim. You are the highlight of EB's week.
Also, a shameless plug for Honey Bee Tees (that's a link). EB LOVES her fish shirt and must wear it weekly only b/c I tell her it's dirty the other 6 days that she requests to wear it.



No comments:
Post a Comment