Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Say what?

As with most two year olds, my child can often be hilarious as she explores and figures out her vocabulary. While this is mostly for my memory, I was told the following things all within a matter of, say…… 30 minutes:

There is one particular praise and worship song that EB LOVES. We sing it most nights before she falls asleep. It’s rather long and wordy, so not only am I proud of her that she knows the words, but her little voice redefines a joyful noise….. and instead of “worshipping you my King,” she likes to “shampoo my King.” You know what they say, “Cleanliness is next to Godliness.” Preach on, sister.However, on the heels of a praise and worship song was a conversation about a tent they put in their classroom yesterday when I asked where it came from and what it was for, I was told, “I gonna sweep in that tent wif a BOY ‘cause I a BIIIIIG gurl.” We quickly cleared that up and got things set straight.

Jason was out of town and in a phone conversation I overheard, “Ok cool, dad.” Cool that I sleep in a tent with boys (kidding)? Cool that she poured the dog food all over the kitchen floor? Cool that he was on his way home? Only the 2-going-on-13-year-old can truly say. “You wike my hair when you dwy it.” Yep, I do. You look beautiful. “I AM beauty-ful.” Glad she’s so shy and humble.

Lastly, we live in the south. We wear bows, smocked clothes and more than not, we monogram EVERYTHING. Well, I was informed that, “I not wear dos bows NO MORE… and no dwesses!” We’ll see who wins that battle because some ARE worth fighting (she wore a T-shirt and shorts to school. I’ll start tomorrow).

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the birthday wishes! and i am like you and have teared up multiple times today just thinking about what a big boy he is!! it just blows my mind how it passes so quickly!
    p.s. eb is a mess and cute as pie! i love her hair like that!! especially with the hair bows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I wish I knew this little girl! I feel like I do tho. :)

    ReplyDelete