Weekends are usually so rushed for us. We have two days to run errands, clean up, yard work, laundry and push reset before the week starts again. I’m thankful for those two days, but they FLY by and Monday is here all over again before we want it to be.
This weekend we went against our norm, packed up Friday and headed to the river for a fun break. We took two new victims with us and had the BEST time.
This weekend we went against our norm, packed up Friday and headed to the river for a fun break. We took two new victims with us and had the BEST time.
We are so thankful for these friends. First and foremost, they are just fun. They treat EB like she is their own. Let’s face it, hanging with a two year old can be annoying, exhausting and often frustrating.
Not with them! She adores them and they return the love two-fold. They go with the punches when it comes to hanging out with us and have the patience of Job.
It all started when I handed over my child to her at her EB’s school. I didn’t know what to expect. I was worried to death, but this girl (I couldn’t remember her name at the time because I was just overwhelmed) was put in our path at the right time and place. A true blessing she was and still is. The year went on (I learned which teacher was who) and EB THRIVED in her classroom. They formed quite a relationship (in her career at that school she had been puked on twice…both of which were by my child. True love). She took care of EB. She would email me during the day. She took a gabillion pictures. She dressed her up in Auburn attire to my chagrin. She was so good to us.
That’s how it all started…..poor girl! As a working mom, every day I struggle with if I’m making the right decision. Shelley, eased so much of that burden our first year because, quite frankly, EB cried for her. ALWAYS wanted her. Preferred her 99% of the time and lovingly called her “SheShe.” We “graduated” from that room last August. I cried…HARD. SheShe moved to a different school and I cried even harder. Ohhhh how we’ve progressed and kept in touch. Now, I’m not sure who she likes more…it’s a toss up between Mrs. SheLLey and Mi-i-i-chael.
We love you guys. Look at them… they are the type people whose sweet spirits and personalities just shine on their faces.
(Careful mentioning your picture going on the blog around me, SC!)



No comments:
Post a Comment