Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Honesty, a good thing?

Dear dear offspring of your FATHER, your honesty is precious and raw (and not always in the best way).

This story begins all the way back at 2:30 a.m. when EB woke up... Therefore, I woke up. We finally fell asleep at 4 a.m....my alarm goes off at 5. So, I feel awesome, but it's all good. Of course, princess precious was a ball of fire when I had to pry her exhausted little self from her bed.

Moving forward, we were almost through our lovely commute and I turned around to see juice flying everywhere with EB just staring at me. As if this was natural behavior for the backseat. She was soaked, to say the least. I lost my cool... Maybe a little. Bottom line, I asked her not to, she did it anyway thus resulting in the slight raising of my early morning voice (which I guess wasn't my morning voice since I lost that around 3 a.m.).


I just mentioned, as moms tend to do,"EB, you're so tired today. You should ask Jesus to help you use your listening ears and kind words today because you're going to have a long day." A few minutes passed and I asked if she had followed through.....

"Nah. Not yet." Alllllllrighty then. Sweet...precious....child. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. She is hilarious. Wonder where she gets that from? Can I steal that prayer? I'll need it at about 1:30 today.

    ReplyDelete