Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rounding third

Last weekend we crossed into the third trimester of this pregnancy adventure. I can’t really tell you where the time has gone, how it’s already summer time or the fact, more importantly, that EB turned 3.5 at the beginning of June.

I’m in that happy place where sleep has returned and it is so so GOOD. I like to sleep… A LOT. Therefore, I do NOT like to be disturbed from a good slumber. So, be warned.

Also, as of late, I passed my sugar test. This is huge considering the large quantities that I’m unable to turn down. I think I was told my count needed to be below 140 and I came in at a whopping 80-I quickly asked for a doughnut.

Everyone is excited as we prepare to welcome this little life. He still has no nursery, but there ARE plans for one….that’s something. EB asks daily how the doctors will get him here and I’m not ready to explain that. Overall, we are excited. I was terrified with EB and would have been JUST as happy staying pregnant forever, but this time I’m excited. Perhaps it’s his uncomfortable position that makes me all the more excited, or the fact that I eat more TUMS than real food on a daily basis. Regardless, we are excited. Poor Gus… Get ready, sweet buddy. 

2 comments:

  1. HOW has it been 6 months?! I guess time flies when you're having fun? Let's all laugh together....

    ReplyDelete
  2. holly! i've been meaning to write you a note and keep forgetting b/c i get on and off the computer so fast these days! i'm soooo excited you're having a boy b/c you'll get to have one of each now! you're gonna love having a sweet little boy!! they're fun! did y'all make the move in to homewood or somewhere else?! i'm happy for you guys!!! two is FuN! you won't ever have a dull moment! brett:)

    ReplyDelete