It has been a while, eh?! I feel as though I have nothing to
discuss, rather, bore my last few standing readers with. I guess that’s a bit
ironic considering we’ll become a family of four (+ mutt) in less than five
weeks. WOO HOO!! As I told someone recently, I’m ready physically, but mentally
we’re still processing what that exactly means, all the while, being very
excited. We’re getting there. He does finally have a place to rest his head
surrounded by walls painted “Anew Gray,” so that’s a major accomplishment.
In other “This Old House” news…it would appear that we’ve done
very little, but that is hardly the case. My husband, bless him, has continued his
tireless efforts in the areas of back-hoeing (as in rented one for several days under the
warning of ‘do not let me come home and find that thing upside down with you
underneath’), re-grading our negatively graded yard, uprooting plants trees, re-sodding, digging new stairs out of a
hill of dirt and roots, stripping walls, sanding walls, repainting walls and trim, hanging
new doors, installing a closet system and exchanging old hardware for new….and
that was JUST in the nursery alone. SO… see, there IS progress. How does he do
it? He’s wonderful. Me, you ask? EB and I spend our afternoons and weekends
usually submerged in water that is only partially cooler than the current
outside temp of 101. All in an effort to, “Keep her away while you work.” I did
do some taping of 4234523 window panes.
I will say, these many hours poolside have made her a great
swimmer, allowed her to perfect her underwater flip (this is a big deal for
her), do a handstand and, as of recently, “walk on her hands,” as she PROUDLY
reported to me over the weekend. I’m reconsidering a year-round swimming badge.
Maybe we'll be back with a 34.5 week update soon. If not, you'll be seeing newborn pics, I'm afraid.



Yay for anew gray! Compliments the colorful pjs well.
ReplyDeleteGet it goldfish! Glad she is swimming so well!
ReplyDelete