Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5 months (+ some days)

Here we are… the big EB is a big 5 months. Last week, pre-5 month mark, I was putting her to bed and started crying… Why do these times go so quickly? I try SO hard to take every second in and not take one tiny moment-even the miserable ones- for granted, but they just seem to slip through my hands. Anyway, this post won’t be sappy b/c I have some funny pictures, or so I think, of our 5 month chair pic experience.

Get ready for a picture montage at the end, it’s the only way to accurately display her mood, behavior and humor that is Evie Black:

1. (in no particular order) Girlfriend loves her stroller. All of the problems are solved when her rear hits the stroller. YES! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED (for now)!! We can walk a country mile in the afternoons because she’s in her happy place- well, which ultimately means so are the rest of us. 2. She has successfully (are you at all shocked?) accomplished green beans and is in the process of INHALING squash. SHE LOVES SQUASH. It is SO funny watching her eat. She’s always been a bit demanding, but she’ll start banging her hands on her tray-- true lady-like behavior exemplified during meal time. Yes, we did start with veggies first, which I thought was FABULOUS guidance from our ped and therefore I followed along. Again, as stated many times, she is an eater and girl doesn’t miss a meal. 3. She is SO active. She is always reaching, grabbing, pulling, yanking, touching ANYTHING within grasp. I love it. One of the many things I love about her since birth is her hands. They have always been so miraculous to me and I LOVE to watch them wander and explore. Have you ever sat and watched a baby hands? I may be dull, but they amaze me. 4. Heavy Evie is not rolling over just yet, but we are OH.SO.CLOSE. She can even throw those big ol’ thighs around.

5. Speaking of, she’s really strong. She will stand in my lap FOREVER if I let her. I will just barely support her and she’ll stand forever…yet, we can’t roll over. GO FIGURE.

6. She is getting closer and closer to sitting up. She can sit alone for a few seconds, but then tumbles over.

7. I have to cut her nails every couple of days. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but when she gets sleepy she does the universal sign of rubbing her eyes, but you better pay attention b/c if not the next step is scratching her head. She puts herself to sleep that way and if those nails have the SLIGHTEST length to them…. she looks abused the next morning. It’s really awful. Of course, I think she gets that from Jason (ha).

8. 99% of the time Evie is SO happy and smiles non-stop. If Jason Black walks into the room…she LIGHTS up. Sure, I get a little jealous, but it is the cutest thing. Their smiles are identical and it cracks me up even more.

9. Daycare is an adjustment because we are forever sick (in case you haven’t caught on through EVERY single blog post), but we have been blessed with sweet teachers and she enjoys being there. She is always so happy and loves the organized chaos.

10. I think her eyes are slowly changing from real blue to a blue-ish green. I would love for them to be the color of my dad’s eyes, but we’ll see.

11. While Jason thought she would be bald until she was 13, her hair is slowly growing back. Sure, why wouldn’t it be thick and course like Jason’s (I thought I carried her for 9+ months, but I’m starting to question it), yet strawberry blond?

12. GIRL CAN DROOL! She’s always been a drooler, but it has only heightened with the teeth that are surely looming down below.

Enough of that (gotta write down this stuff for future reference), here is a glimpse of our photo shoot attempt (these could go without words and tell the story perfectly, but I may need to interrupt):


Wow! 5 Months and growing up so quickly. "Ta Da."



This is about par for the course last night!



"Really, this is exhausting, mom. Let me rest.."



"We have to have a picture with Spice..."



"Please refrain from all wrestling moves with Spice...Just love him"



"or eat him"



"Or let him eat you.."



"Maybe a teething ring will curb your appetite for stuffed bunny."



"Please hold on one minute..this is fabulous."



.."really really good."



Yeah, I'm worn out too by this point, EB



Really?!? I just wanted a sweet, decent 5 month chair picture to show your growth



Big brothers always come to the rescue and make things ok, huh?!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those big round eyes. Will you bring her to Main, pretty please? I'll bring a biscuit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. holly! she's getting so big! i cannot believe this. she's absolutely beautiful! im going to have to come through bham again soon to see yall.

    ReplyDelete