Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What’s a 6 letter word that no one likes..

CHORES!


Well, friends, Evie Black is up for an Oscar for her DRAMATIC performance last night while I did some routine chores. Keep in mind, the vacuum and hairdryer used to lull her into a deep, peaceful sleep. UM..something happened and has drastically changed her stance on those “white” noises. The sound of the vacuum last night-while she played and squealed, mind you- sent her into HYSTERICS….sheer hysteria. I mean, I don’t like the vacuum either, but you gotta do, whatcha gotta do. So, I quieted her, got her back to her “squealing with delight” mode and thought, “let me try this one more time..”



Not again..... (excuse the blur I was consoling and laughing taking her pic up close)


W.R.O.N.G.

SC-RE-AMING escalated to all new decibels and Gus Black ran to hide. I really feel bad now (especially since I’m about to post pictures that could be used in ‘how not to parent 101’) because when I picked her up her heart was racing and she was truly terrified. Go ahead and nominate me for “Mom of the Year!” So, let me see if I understand this, if I start throwing fits every time the vacuum is turned on, would that result in Jason doing that chore? Dream on (ha).


Don't worry! She was scooped up and loved on for a LONG time.


Being outside is like medicine for us… So, out we went to dry the tears. It was so peaceful out there. We ended up enjoying a good time with the neighbors, EB fell asleep and the world returned to bunnies and rainbows. Whew. It was touch and go there for a minute.

AND…the vacuuming commenced when I was assured she was off frolicking with sugarplum fairies.

No comments:

Post a Comment