Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New shoes (that lace up- no velcro)…check. I mean, every girl needs a pair of white Keds for school, right?
nap mat (with monogram, of course)…check.
no paci in tow…check.
bottle JUST in case she won’t drink from a sippy cup…check.
food JUST in case she won’t eat table food…check.
sleep baby...check check. Getting up for school is TOUGH!

SOOOOO, EB started “school” today (really it was yesterday..but I'm not rewriting this). I am so excited for her and we feel very blessed that we were able to get her into the early learning center that my work sponsors. It can be tough, but we really prayed about it and felt like this is where EB should be…..VOILA…she got in! We’ve been waiting about two months for this day and it finally got here. I packed ALL of her supplies up last night (with a few tears shed over the panic of her adjusting to their rather rigorous schedule) and could hardly sleep. We really feel that she will truly thrive in this environment and we REALLY could NOT be more excited. Secretly (I love how I throw that term out there like NO ONE will read this and my “secret” thoughts won’t be exposed)I’m worried that it will make her grow up too fast, but I know that this program will be good for her and her little personality. For example, her paci was taken away today, along with her bottle and most baby foods. She will also learn to sleep on a cot and not in a crib. I know it may sound torturous, but it’s all part of them exercising her development. This facility is awesome and I trust them-well, I guess you could say with my most precious little thing.
Off we went this morning on a new adventure. I caught myself griping the steering wheel for dear life because my nerves were on edge, while EB just hung out in the back with no cares in the world. We got to the ELC (early learning center) with our load of supplies and began what will soon become normal procedure to me, I HOPE. I think I was sweating buckets, but all was well. I sat her down while I filled her cubby and I was soon a DISTANT memory. She busied herself with new toys and new friends and didn’t even bother to wave bye (a new trick we’ve recently discovered). SIGH……

4 comments:

  1. oh wow. her new school is tough. G doesn't start the no bottle/no crib thing until 1yr. And they don't even make him wear shoes. She looks oh so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!

    EB has grown up so FAST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly!!! You have no idea just how THRILLED I am to find that you have a blog! It has been fun to read and catch up and see pictures of your beautiful little girl! I have two baby boys of my own now- twins! Crazy, huh? Anyway, I am glad to see all is well and can't wait to read more! Love, catie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. She looks like practically a teenager in that first picture.Can't wait to hear about all the new stuff she learns.

    ReplyDelete