While it was a wee-hour of the morning wake up call with nothing to eat or drink, the babe did wonderfully on an empty belly. If you know my child, you understand why I was a little nervous about that.

They gave her some medicine to help with anxiety and to ease her nerves (did she even know to be nervous????)…. UM...this was nothing short of her first drunken moment. We laughed until we cried. She was on Mars somewhere. Maybe they give that to the babies to help ease the parent’s nerves?!!?! It was HIGHLY entertaining. 
I really wish you could see the tears.... we were laughing so hard.

All in all she did incredibly well. Our post surgery conversation with the doctor was great confirmation that we made the right decision. He couldn’t believe once he got in that she has been on so many antibiotics because they had not made a dent in her ears. I’ll spare you the details, but they were incredibly “nasty” (was the word he used) and they had to be drained prior to inserting the tubes. So, while I wasn’t looking, really, for confirmation, that was comforting to hear.
The patient in her gown...singing silly songs.

We got to go back and watch her in recovery… I expected to see a sweet, dazed baby. UM…Not at all! She was sitting up in her little bed keeping her sweet nurses HIGHLY entertained. See, they had given her a magic potion that the world calls “juice.” She doesn’t get this at home, so she was living the dream. She doesn’t need any sugar in her already wired little system.
JUICE in tow...chariot ride to mom and dad. Sorry...HORRIBLE picture. Look, that's my neighbor in the green scrubs in the background. HOW GREAT IS THAT?! He was a big comfort for us.
Thanks for all of the phone calls, e-mails and prayers. We appreciate them! While I know this isn’t a “major” surgery, I was nervous for her and I appreciate your cares and concerns.



I'm so glad to hear she came through with flying colors. she looks adorable and hopefully will be lots better with her fixed ears.
ReplyDeleteBest post ever! I am so glad she is on the road to recovery now. I laughed just thinking about her being silly. My stomach would have been a ball of nerves. You are such a rock!
ReplyDeleteYEAH!! We know several children that have had this surgery.. You are going to be sooo happy that you did it!! She is about the cutest patient EVER!!! I am surprised the hospital let you take her home, I know they wanted to keep her!!
ReplyDelete