Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The last one…

Well, here we are…. the last “month” birthday before EB can add a “1” to her age. EEEK! I should insert a picture of myself from this time last year…NAH!

Yes, I do realize Halloween was this past weekend, but we’ll get to that…. I have our glorious chair pics ready instead. Evie is tired of a camera always being in her face and she no longer thinks renditions of “Bringing home a Baby Bumblebee” or “Itsy Bitsy Spider” are worth even cracking a smile over like she used to. No, she isn’t 13, but sometimes I check her birth certificate to make sure. While I thought we’d be walking soon, I think I’m gonna call a “false alarm” on that. She loves to walk holding your hand, but she isn’t interested in sashaying by herself just yet, which is MORE than fine with me. In the past month, we have retired all bottles. In fact, I made myself pack them all up yesterday. I only got teary once…ok, maybe a lot.

She has seven chompers and uses them to chomp EVERYTHING. Up until now she used to wave “hi” and “bye” with one arm, sometimes two, failing wildly, but we have condensed that to the typical baby wave…sometimes backwards.

We are slowly becoming proficient on our sign language. We have really only been working on “more” and “all done.” Now I see why people are so proud when their child accomplishes something. If you don’t know, I used to interpret for our deaf ministry at church and went on to interpret for some of our hearing impaired patients when I worked for a doctor’s office. While I never get to sign, it’s been fun trying to teach EB a few things. Who am I kidding? I haven’t taught her a thing (but I will one day), it’s ALLLLL her wonderful teacher’s handy (no pun intended) work!
Last but not least…. in her tiny 11 months, she has developed a MAJOR attitude. It was KINDA funny for awhile, but it has gotten a little more serious lately. We are in full out discipline mode these days- another sure sign our baby is growing up. His mercies are new every morning, I tell ya! BUT…She sure is sweet when she wants to be. That little toothy smile melts our hearts…..and tries to get her out of trouble.

You're getting mighty big, Miss Priss. We love you and praise our God for you EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT.OF.EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! You bring SO much joy to us ALL of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment