Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Saturday

Whew. It was a busy day with a child that didn’t feel like a jolly ol’ elephant, to say the least. More on the day’s details later in another post.

As stated, EB was an elephant. I had EVERY intention of making her into “Big Allie.” Get it? Big Al/Big Allie (that's UA's mascot incase you don't have SEC football running through your veins, people!)?! Anyway, my plans fell short with the looming ear infection along with her feeling crummy. So, I just said to heck (probably not what I really said, but oh well) with it all. So, she was just your average ol’ run of the mill, cute as a button (in my humble opinion), wanted to eat her alive, gray elephant. I’m sorry, but those cheeks were edible in that head garb and I loved her all the more for it.


We’ll start with her class party. I was by far more excited than she was- I do bear the title of “parent rep” a.k.a “room mom,” after all. So, I went bee-bopping in all to find her totally lethargic and them getting ready to call me. BUMMER. So, we stuck it out for a few pics and she was done. It was sad and I was bummed she didn’t enjoy it and felt so puny. Here are the LOVELY pics from that glorious occasion. I’m FULLY aware she’s pitiful, ok?!

It was a jungle in there, I tell ya! How cute are these kiddos!

Bless her bones and those rotten ears!

Can you believe they are so well behaved sitting at their little table?! Those teachers are NOTHING short of AMAZING!


On the REAL Halloween we went to a birthday party (that’s the more to follow part) and then went to my parent’s… it was oddly similar to when the circus rolls into town and they do the parade and elephants march by. Well, that’s how I felt anyway.
My g'dad is doing well. I think he looks great.

Here we go. Here’s some of that good ol’ attitude she’s been working on. What we have here is a THROW YOURSELF BACK-HAD ENOUGH-GET THIS OFF temper tantrum for all of you people who have perfect, passive children. She may be perfect, but she SURE ain’t passive!
Look at those big ol’ ears…the little ears underneath are getting tubes tomorrow. I’m a wee bit nervous about the “being put to sleep” part, but we trust that the Lord will guide those sweet doctors and nurses and all will be well.

Tootle loo!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the updates and new pics! What a sweet girl! I'll be praying things go well tomorrow. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! I told Matt on Sunday that I wanted our boys to be "Big Al" next year- so fun! I'll be praying for the tubes tomorrow! Laudan's little girl had them around age 10 months and all went great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting and waiting for Halloween pictures!! She is just the sweetest elephant EVER!! I love the picture with Uncle John and Aunt Ellen, they look great! Love you guys!! Give Evie HUGE hugs and kisses from us!!

    ReplyDelete