That’s my brother. It’s a nice little nickname he got before he was even born, I think. My g’dad thought it would only make all of the sense in the world to name him “Ron John,” after my dad and g’dad-not the surf shop on the coast. So, my creative aunt nicknamed him Rojo….and….. after 22 years it’s still around.
Today my better looking, MUCH funnier, everyone's favorite, life of the party, brother turns 22. HARD TO BELIEVE. I love thinking back on his BIRTH-day every year. I was in kindergarten at the time. I was SO excited (at first I didn’t want a brother b/c my good friend was having a sister and that seemed more fun). I went to dance class that night and half way through, my grandmother showed up to get me. I was so confused, but she told me I was going to the hospital because my mom was having my brother. I was fired up! We waited for what felt like HOURS. Finally, my dad came through the doors to the nursery carrying “him.” They let me go back and help with his first bath. I remember it all so vividly. Years flew by and we had our typical “issues.”
He’s so fun. If you know my family you know we have some CLASSIC Clay stories that will have you in the floor. I would LOVE to see Clay’s ER records. I’m sure he takes up half of the shelf. I WISH my parents had written a book about raising Clay. To this day, he keeps us in stitches. I should scan in some old pics and share a Clay story a week. I’d have blog material for YEARS! My brother has no fear, is incredibly athletic and incredibly talented.
So, swinging out on our rope swing at the lake INTO A MOVING BOAT was no biggie for him. I can recall him being sick ONCE (he never missed a day of school)! It almost cost us a ski trip. However, in typical Clay fashion, he rallied and was sitting next to me on the plane just mere hours after I thought he was surely headed to the hospital. Hours later he was teaching me to ski. 

If you just show him how to do something ONCE, he’s got it. Several years ago, Jason just explained to Clay how to barefoot ski…..DONE. He’s a pro (sorry for the small pic. I stole it off of his Facebook).
He probably wouldn’t want anyone knowing this, but when I left for school, he occasionally filled in on some of my baby-sitting jobs. He’s great with kids. He’s great with my kid. She loves him…. I think because they are very similar and he fuels her adventurous nature. SO HELP ME….. 


So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear brother! I love you.
Hope your day is....well...thrilling, in typical Clay fashion. 
Today my better looking, MUCH funnier, everyone's favorite, life of the party, brother turns 22. HARD TO BELIEVE. I love thinking back on his BIRTH-day every year. I was in kindergarten at the time. I was SO excited (at first I didn’t want a brother b/c my good friend was having a sister and that seemed more fun). I went to dance class that night and half way through, my grandmother showed up to get me. I was so confused, but she told me I was going to the hospital because my mom was having my brother. I was fired up! We waited for what felt like HOURS. Finally, my dad came through the doors to the nursery carrying “him.” They let me go back and help with his first bath. I remember it all so vividly. Years flew by and we had our typical “issues.”
He’s so fun. If you know my family you know we have some CLASSIC Clay stories that will have you in the floor. I would LOVE to see Clay’s ER records. I’m sure he takes up half of the shelf. I WISH my parents had written a book about raising Clay. To this day, he keeps us in stitches. I should scan in some old pics and share a Clay story a week. I’d have blog material for YEARS! My brother has no fear, is incredibly athletic and incredibly talented.
So, swinging out on our rope swing at the lake INTO A MOVING BOAT was no biggie for him. I can recall him being sick ONCE (he never missed a day of school)! It almost cost us a ski trip. However, in typical Clay fashion, he rallied and was sitting next to me on the plane just mere hours after I thought he was surely headed to the hospital. Hours later he was teaching me to ski. 

If you just show him how to do something ONCE, he’s got it. Several years ago, Jason just explained to Clay how to barefoot ski…..DONE. He’s a pro (sorry for the small pic. I stole it off of his Facebook).
He probably wouldn’t want anyone knowing this, but when I left for school, he occasionally filled in on some of my baby-sitting jobs. He’s great with kids. He’s great with my kid. She loves him…. I think because they are very similar and he fuels her adventurous nature. SO HELP ME….. 


So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear brother! I love you.
Hope your day is....well...thrilling, in typical Clay fashion. 



So sweet!!! It amazes me how different the two of you are but I love knowing both of you! Happy bday Clay!
ReplyDelete