Friday, August 20, 2010

Ribbons and bows

Exhibit A: Do you see this simple white bow? Exhibit A cost me $6 (I think. It very well could have been $8). I get that it’s “just” $6, but Evie likes bows….like, a lot. They also have a way of disappearing.Do you read Darby? I think this whole world reads her and rightfully so. She has a fancy, quick and easy bow tutorial on her blog. It is MAGICALLY easy and wonderful. If you remember back when I was making the ghost last October (another Darby project), I commented that I don’t sew or anything close to it. I can hot glue and that’s only some of the time. Guess what? That’s key in keeping your bows together.

So, I gathered my supplies and tried my luck……

My happy little [just woke up] bowhead.....

Did I mention she likes bows a WHOLE lot?

2 comments:

  1. Can you share the website that you call Darby? I am thinking of making some bows for Annabelle to pass time until she gets here! :o) Thanks! You can send it to me on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Holly! I get my sewing patterns from Darby...maybe I'll have a reason for bows someday :)

    ReplyDelete