Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oh the memories...

Evie and I headed south last weekend while JB headed west. We went to the beach to see my grandparents during their month long hiatus. RETIREMENT….what a beautiful thing! It was a long drive for approximately only 41 hours, but it was so very worth it. The babe-child adores the “oh-sheeeen.” She also adores her “GG daddy” and if my aunt (she was my travel companion) and I heard “GG” one more time between Birmingham and the “oh-sheeen” I might have had ol’ GG pick up EB on the side of the road. This man’s face LIGHTS up when EB enters the room. They played together………and broke lots of rules! This child loves the water. She has NO fear (hence, the life jacket). We jumped…and swam….and jumped some more until we turned purple and couldn’t stop shaking. Like every other warm blooded American, while you are at the beach, you take pictures on the beach. SIGH! I took 240 pictures, that’s right, and I MAYBE have 3 decent ones (that you won’t be seeing in hopes they make it on a Christmas card). My aunt, on QUITE the other hand, had like a gazillion good ones. We have the same camera. We stood side-by-side. We clicked at the same times. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH ME?! It’s infuriating, quite frankly. I guess she had the better side. Who knows. BUT….Nonetheless, we took pictures….. and danced……and played…..and didn’t behave…..Whatever! It’s the beach!
And that's all folks..... She was DONE!
A great weekend with great memories and we were worn SLAP out!!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Looks like you had a blast! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Holly! We were at the beach this weekend too- maybe I'll get our pictures up one of these days...

    ReplyDelete