Monday, November 1, 2010

T minus 1 month

[I need a font that lets you know my voice is shaking…] It just hit me. I haven’t been good this year with monthly updates. BUT…this month just hit me hard in my gut. My sweet EB will be two.... IN ONE MONTH MY BABY WILL BE TWO! It makes me want to jump for joy, yet grab her and caudle her like a baby and kiss her little face off. She is SUCH a joy. We laugh endlessly at her…Well, mostly. She has gotten a HECK of a lot of “EVELYN BLACK” lately! Ironically, she answers as well to that as she does “Evie” so I guess I waste my time on those extra syllables. We are in the FULL OUT, FULL FLEDGED ‘terrible’ twos. We can throw a MEAN tantrum. It’s AMAZING how quickly she has learned to activate the water works. REALLY?! A STREAM OF TEARS IN A MATTER OF MERE SECONDS.

However, what a joy! Her personality is awesome. It’s amazing how the Lord designed her little intricacies. It’s amazing that He designed her just so. It’s amazing, I have to admit, that she is a perfect mix of both of our personalities- what a sight we are all together, a family of Type A’s. Amazing. I’m amazed that the best two years of my life have FLOWN by. I’m amazed that I was chosen to be EB’s mom. Usually several times a day I’m shocked that she’s MINE (or ours)! She gets to go home with me. I get to eat her alive and enjoy her. I get to take care of her. I get to kiss those little cheeks ALL I WANT! It’s simply amazing, isn’t it?! The list goes on and on. Two whopping years? Wow.She’s fun. Like, a whole lot of really really fun. Her vocabulary, in the last month, is a whole new world (she has repeated me a couple-or 20- times and it’s a NICE, humble reminder I need to watch my mouth). She’s mine, but I think she’s smart. I pray she’s smart like her daddy…pray pray pray! She’s quite a savvy little thing, that doesn’t quite always work to my advantage. She’s wild. Full of energy. Fast as lightening (until I need her to be and then we’re slow as a turtle). She’s nosey. She’s sweet. She’s caring. She LOVES her daddy. She is a social butterfly. I could go on and on. We love this little season of her life and ours.



We'll be back soon to finish off Halloween. What a fun year for the miss! We had a ball...and celebrated all.week.long. A little teaser...


We pulled out our big black bow....

Our furry black boots (that was all happenstance, but it worked)...


Got in the spirit with a little jig (I failed to mention above- this child LOVES to dance. It's all she does..all the time. "Dance mommy!" "Dancy daddy." We do a LOT of booty shakin' at any given time).

FREEZE! (EB's signature move). We'll be back later with weekend and trick or treating adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Holly, Evie's little hair style is gorgeous! She really is a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete