Monday, April 25, 2011

Chatt-a-googa

...This weekend.

Remember that commercial? Except it was like 20 weekends ago...or so it seems.

What a fun town. I love it there. We did your typical touristy things that you do with a two year old.
We also did some not so touristy things. Hello Sugars BBQ?! I'm probably the only mom that allowed her child 1. to stay up an hour past her bed time (I'm a schedule nut, but somehow I allowed this to take place). 2. to dance the night away with a bunch of 40+ cougars. 3. Did I mention it was a bar? So, now that you have formed a horrible opinion of my mothering skills- we had a blast. Yes, I did grow up Southern Baptist, but their food was to die for. They have like six different sauces you can try with your BBQ. Have you met Evie Black? She wants ketchup on her ketchup. So, having 1,000 "dips" was a dream for her.




Yes, thanks for noticing. I DID leave my makeup at home. As a matter of fact, I left my ENTIRE toiletry bag at home.


My child has an inner magnetic force that pulls her to the dance floor if there is one within her range. So, when the band started, any hope of leaving was out of the question. Besides, who knew it was QUITE the locals hotspot. If you know otherwise, just keep it to yourself. EB asks me ever so often, "We go dance at Sugars again?" I wish I was kidding. My response, "Yes! Very very soon."



ANYWAY. Jason was there working, so we loaded up the grands and headed to meet him for the weekend. The aquarium is really big for a two year old (especially if you lose your pink bow). She LOVES to discuss butterflies, but heaven forbid she go to the butterfly garden where they fly all around you.Just because it's funny-they didn't care about touching the butterflies either... I bet they're discussing that very fact in this picture. BUT..Touching a fish that looks like a dinosaur? WHY NOT.We saw sharks with teeth that are making me rethink our May beach trip.The penguins.... I want a whole litter (?) in my backyard. Are they not the quirkiest little things you've ever seen? I could have watched their antics all day.
ABOVE ALL (well, besides Sugars), EB got to see the trains. BY ALL MEANS. She saw a conductor and squealed with delight thinking he was the REAL Sir Topam Hatt (it's a Thomas thing). She posed with him without being asked and I'm pretty sure it made her weekend.My mom sounded like she had black lung the entire time we were there and EB came home and started throwing up. Of course, a few days later I fell victim too. It must have been our two trips to Sugars in a 24 hour period.

Lastly, this series just because I think it's priceless. Look at that love...

2 comments:

  1. Shes got some serious dance skills. Bless your hearts when shes squealing out of the driveway at 16...she's a wild woman! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete