Friday, May 27, 2011

Catch all, catch up

I can’t even think I’m so far behind on this blog. I have MOUNDS of pictures that you may never see (you don’t care, but I DO).

So, can we just start with the here and now? Or, in this case, “the last week.” That will make me think I’m all current and organized. To do so and to spare you the few beach pics I took, we’ll do a Top 10 of the beach (it was a dull, restful week so 10 things may be difficult).

1. We stopped in Montgomery to see our friends. The fact that EB had never been to a game and was at the fence yelling, “HIT THE BALL, WALKER!” owned me. Kids! How did she know to do that?


2. While it was chilly at home, it was chilly at the beach too. However, it could snow at the beach and simply because it’s at the beach, makes it ok. The water was a snappy 65-ish degrees. BUT… the babe wanted to swim, so we swam. It was all balmy after you became numb.3. If you ask her what she did at the beach, she would tell you she played on the playground. Mind you, it was the playground at the outlet mall. Ever seen it? It’s AWFUL. I’m more fun than that playground. So, that was a bit disturbing. However, she conquered sliding down a concrete slide. GO FIGURE. 4. HER.BLASTED.ASTHMA. I’m over it. Poor girl fought it FOR DAYS. She was a good sport and I’m REALLY good at counting breaths from a distance.(I can explain..He saw me in my bathing suit.HA!JB's eyes are SO sensitive to sunlight. Since I banned his sunglasses, he's just preparing for his mugshot)5. We had SUCH a great time. I love the two people I live with and I loved spending time with JUST THEM-no interruptions- the entire week.6. EB slept in a big girl bed. We called it the “tunnel.” Who knew those words were so magical. I wanted to rip it from the wall and cram it in the back of my SUV.7. As mentioned, the pool was SO cold, but it never stopped EB from swimming. Oh, let it be known that I’m a sunscreen nut, ok. So, one day we go up for naps and I noticed that her tan lines are TO DIE FOR. I was SO jealous and Jason quickly pointed out, “HB, she is not tan….her skin is purple from the pool.” True story. Just a tad chilly. 8. Evie Black can put back some crab legs and hush puppies. 9. The water was stunning. One day it LITERALLY took my breath away and I had to ask if we were in the Caribbean or Destin. 10. I almost cried when we left… I fought the tears like it was my job because I just didn’t want that week to end.
11. (SORRY). While we were away parents got a new boxer puppy. He has a fan, but how can you resist that face (the puppy’s, I mean)??


3 comments:

  1. The new puppy is so cute! Sam would love a dog but right now she has my mom's. Also she wouldn't understand life without our cats which sometimes act like dogs. I can't wait to see if we are gonna make it to the beach this year(no more beach house) if we do it will be after Sydney gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evie is such a cutie. Welcome back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! Missed your blogging, so glad you're back! That EB is too cute!

    ReplyDelete