Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The name game

You've heard the famous question, "What's in a name?" Well, perhaps I should share what's in our name. I haven't intentionally been secretive. I just never mentioned it, did I?!

Some folks are all about what a name means. Some people like to create names. I hate to say, but I don't even know what "Holly" means (other than a prickly bush and that I’m a December baby) and I'm not creative enough to come up with anything worth repeating. So.... What's my vice, you ask?? Family names. They are important to us and high on our list.

P.S. I’m going to go ahead and say, if you’ve never had the pleasure, names are HARD! Very hard. Family names that already exist or not. HARD!

The eldest (who really needs no introduction) is Evelyn "Evie" (like heavy without the "h." in case you're late to this party) Virginia. She is named after Jason's mom who passed away and my grandmother.

So, in keeping with that, this babe's name originally was our boy name for EB (because I was VERY sure she was a boy). We couldn't turn away from it, so here we are…

John Baker will be here in a short 8.5 weeks, Lord willing. He will be named after my granddaddy and my dad. Jason also has some John's on his side. So, that's what it is.


You'll learn not to make goofy faces with my camera present!

The next question, will he have a double name? I couldn't tell you that. We call him "John Baker." That’s all I know. Will he be just "Baker?" I can't help you out with that one either. We'll just see. If you know us in our real lives, there's a strong chance you call my husband "JB." I'm sure the nickname is only a matter of time before it sticks on John Baker too.

John Baker Black, we cannot WAIT to meet you and see you face-to-face. We are so excited to welcome you into this family. As for your sister, she will not help to feed or change you because, and I quote, "NO way!! I'll get my hands all dirty." However, she can't wait to hold you and change your shirt and pants. See, you're a loved boy already.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the name. What a sweet legacy your kiddos will take with them! Can't wait to hear that baby is here!

    ReplyDelete