Tuesday, August 28, 2012

37 and upgrade 38.3

The end of week 37's picture may have to cover for 37 and 38. It has been a CR-A-ZY past two weeks. We're holding on, hanging out and getting new duct work, counting contractions, hanging sheet rock (from the new duct work), finishing the nursery and waiting waiting waiting.

Ever had to replace your duct work due to horrific mold? Yeah, it was fun. Our air is cleaner than clean now. However, my lungs probably aren't after living through the last 4 months. The silver living, we found that our ducts were clogged with mold (and I quote, "worse mold I've seen in 17 years of this work.") and we could have gone years without knowing. And, we found out before bringing a teeny tiny home. So.... There's that. It's now fixed. We are, for once, cool and have clean air…Take me away, Calgon, straight to Labor and Delivery.

During week 37, we got to get a sneak peek of John Baker at a measurement ultrasound. We haven't seen him since he showed off his anatomy and I think I gasped, "Whoa… He's big... Like... A grown infant." What? He should be. He's coming next week.... If we make it until then. The boy is making some serious progress and we closed out week 37 up most of the night with some stellar contractions and me sitting on the bed wondering if I should call in for parental back up for EB. Thankfully, it all subsided around 3:30. And... I lived to tell about it. If he doesn't make an appearance this week, we'll meet face to face next Tuesday.
If you can make his face/profile out in these pics, you're doing almost better than his own mother.

Also, in week 37/38, we finished the nursery. Nothing like sliding in on two wheels at the last minute... You know, since a three day old is REALLY worried about what's on his walls and if everything is steamed and ironed. Evie and I also participated in a little "Big Sister Day"and had a fun day together, but more on that later.
He may be the most patient person on this planet these days. Bless him.

So, here's to 38 weeks and 3 days. Cheers!! And…A  hurricane. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. We'll have words later that you didnt pass along these ultrasound photos. LOVE the letters.

    ReplyDelete