Blast! I’ve let almost another month go by. I had such great intentions.
Since I last updated, we went in for JBB’s “4” month appointment and EB’s “4” year checkup. I say it like that because we were just a month or so behind. So, for the sake of 4 5 month stats and chair pic:
Here’s the precious man-child. Weighing in at 18 lbs and 10 ounces. Of course, 3 weeks have gone by and I swear he weighs a good 42lbs. He’s so happy. Bless his sweet self, he’s the happiest baby I’ve ever been around. He goes to bed laughing and wakes up laughing- he’s just infectious and contagious.
As for this girl, I went to check on her the other night
before I went to bed. I gasped as I walked into her room…and promptly sat on
the edge of her bed and cried.
She has turned into a little girl. We have lost
all of the lingering baby/toddler details on her face, arms, hands, etc. Her
look has changed so much in the last year. She has just really shaped into a
little girl almost overnight. While the two of us go toe-to-toe more than I care
to admit, it’s exciting to experience life through her curious little self.
Sometimes it’s scary… I often need a script so I can answer her questions “appropriately.”
Whew. I’m real sure I didn’t ask the questions she asks until I was maybe 10…better
yet… 16. However, she is HILARIOUS. Truly. She has a true gift of quick wit. Of
course, sprinkled with a “lovely” dose of sass creates a recipe to make you
want to pull your hair out and/or double over in laughter.



No comments:
Post a Comment