Wednesday, September 4, 2013

365 days new

You know, I don’t usually say the word “sucks.” It wasn’t allowed at my house growing up, but quite frankly, I SUCK at blogging. There I said it and I’m sorry, mom. BUT I DO! It’s awful. Of course, I find time to blog when we’re experiencing a monumental moment…like turning 1. I mean, in this blog world, he’s probably still nursing and being swaddled, but in real life an ENTIRE year has FLOWN by at warp speed and he’s now one.

This boy…. Oh my stars. He is the sweetest, most lovable, happiest, friendliest, chunkiest little love. He is truly happy 99.9% of the time. His sister is about the only one who can push his buttons, but she is THE best. She truly is.

I’m not sure of his measurements because like this blog, I’m behind on that as well. I think he’s coming in “CLOSE” to 25 lbs…give or take. Probably more give, if I had to guess. He is walking-ish, but getting better EVERY day (despite the bruises ALL over his forehead). He has been eating all table foods for MONTHS and recently transitioned to real milk. We are paci and bottle free… he is a true grown up, I tell ya. He is fairly proficient at “Da,” “MA MA MA MA MA” and just this week, “SHI SHI.” We are convinced that stands for “Sissy” and it makes her face light up. So, we’ll go with it.
 

I don’t think I ever went over his birth story. Of course, my memory now fails me on most details. We checked in the night before to be induced. Little to my knowledge, I was already three centimeters and contracting like crazy. I literally had no idea and was shocked. So, JB and I just got a “free” night at the hospital. As we have a tendency to do at the Black household, JBB came early the next morning on two wheels.

I LOVE being pregnant and I LOVE the delivery process because my babies come so easily. I KNOW that makes you angry, and I truly hate saying it because I know most folks have to put up a fight. I don’t know why it’s that way, but it is… and I’m thankful. So, he was here before breakfast and we got to enjoy his precious pink, soft self all day long. He was happy from the first minute…unlike his sibling who screamed her entire first hour, I think.
Like that-literally- we became a family of four. As I have reflected on his little life today, I'm so thankful for the Lord's blessing on our family with His gift of John Baker (perhaps I've never shared that he was named after my grandfather and my dad- as my granddaddy struggles with dementia, I'm even more thankful that he got to experience John Baker while his memory still allowed- talk about the Lord's perfect timing???). What a blessing he has been for 365 full days. We love him like crazy. He is just hilariously fun!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! His pictures just make me happy. And yes, I hate your birth story. Happy first birthday JBB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO CUTE! Happy birthday little man!

    ReplyDelete