Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A slight delay

Well, in my continued efforts to carry the Hasenfuss name to FULL fruition and be the clumsiest one of all, I killed my camera this weekend. You, HB?! Yes, me, the one that NEVER goes anywhere without it. Yes, me, the one that will pack my camera and all of it’s innards before I even pack clean underwear (TMI?) for a trip. Yes, me, the one that can’t shoot worth a flip, yet is always EXPECTED to turn over the photos of family and other noteworthy events. Yep! YOURS TRULY! I rarely act two, but I cried like a young child when I accidentally launched it across my hardwoods on Saturday. A MERE two hours before Evie’s family party, mind you. ALL I’ve wanted was to photograph my junk food junkie digging into her cake with her [rather cute] party hat I made for her….oh, I could cry reliving the moment. ANYWAY! SO, I’m rolling somewhat camera-less these days. My kind, generous family rallied with multiple cameras for me to borrow and also got some good shots of the birthday gal. So, AS SOON as I have their chords to download and/or receive their copies, I WILL be sharing.

So, I looked through my pictures this morning and there are several events that haven’t been recorded. Let’s see where to begin…Thanksgiving? Christmas tree shopping? SU party at our house??

WAIT….This just in (I promise this wasn’t planned). My uncle is CLUTCH! As I’m typing, emails are popping into my box from EB’s party! YESSSSSS!! Bill, you are the BEST! My heart isn’t quite as burdened. Here he is with his tiniest love, JW! I want to eat that little face up. Stand by….

TA-DA! Here is our birthday girl……
She had such a special day and I'm so thankful to our family for coming to spend the day with us and celebrating EB’s first year of life. Yes, even YOU and your hair.

She loves her Papa Ron and when she REALLY wants to, she'll let out a labored Paaa-PA!

Again, how is she one?! I’m a little different and have been slightly hazed (kidding…kidding..kidding..KINDA) by folks for not throwing her a big ol’ bash. However, for me, it was a little more of an intimate thing and I just wanted family around. Again, despite the sad loss of my camera (….and my voice b/c I couldn’t talk at all) I was so thankful for all of us being under my roof and celebrating my sweet baby. EB missed her Grand Nan who was sick as a dog at home, but EB was kind enough to send some chocolate cake her way. I’m confident it made her feel better- IMMEDIATELY.

Anyway, forget thoughtful, nice gifts! Just give the child a balloon. That's right, EB, keep on lovin' the simple pleasures of life!So, that was a glimpse of our day, and a couple of members of the fam. I’ll be back with a chocolate coated EB as soon as I get them downloaded.
AND…. all of those other posts can wait.

OH..... UM.... ROLL TIDE!?!?!?!?!?!?! How 'bout that!!!

1 comment:

  1. That sweet girl couldn't be any cuter! Sorry about your camera, but so glad others had theirs! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete