(she has to stare at it to make sure it's really real)IN EVERY ASPECT, I suppose. I’m sure you’ve been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for a birthday update, right?! Sorry, things have been a tad crazy this week and I’ve gotten a little behind.
(She is facing the world head on these days)
I felt like I was near death on Monday, so I sent EB to my mom’s. It was a small act of congress to get up and get going on Tuesday, but we had a big birthday girl to celebrate. So, we got ready and rushed over to my parent’s and picked up the babe-

I just didn’t want you to think I was “THAT” organized and rushed around on birthday mornings to get pics made with the family. HARDLY THE CASE! She was camped out there to escape the germs hanging on every inch of my house.

**commercial break** What would we do without parents that love us and take care of us even when we’re adults? Honest to goodness, if it weren’t for my parents (along with my aunt, uncle and grandparents on many occasions), I’m not real sure we could have made it through this year!!

She had a little party during snack time at school and thought she was ALL that. Any time someone would sing to her or show her the slightest bit of attention (as if she’s deprived every other day of the year) she’d start bebopping that little body and hammin’ it up.

She traded her BOW for a BO-A! Who taught her how to put this around her neck? I can ASSURE you it was NOT her mom! I looked over and sure enough....she was sashaying around with this around her neck.
HA! Caught on camera-FINALLY!

We’re having a family party for her this weekend, so we just had a fun little evening at home... in the new wagon.


How is this child one? How has it been 365 whole days since I had her? I just cannot seem to make sense of time and how quickly it has slipped through my fingers. This year has been NOTHING short of a year filled with so many blessings. Selfishly, I kinda felt like the day was for Jason and me to celebrate the best gift we were ever given. She is just so fun and brings so much joy to our family. Evie, we love you, gal!
If you know me in my “real” life at all you’ll occasionally hear me throw out, in a sarcastic tone (keep in mind), “I’m just living the dream….” usually involving something at work that has gone slightly wrong. Well, in this case (without going overboard), I often do look at our little life and think we are living a dream we don’t deserve. However, as I’ve said before, we are humbled by it and praise our Lord for so many blessings- our birthday girl being the best of all!! He has done far more than we could have ever asked or imagined already in her short little life.

Happy *FIRST *Birthday, Evietron!! We’ll keep on partying through Saturday!



SUCH a sweet post! And you dreaded the big 0-1 so much...but love this post about sweet EB! She's going to be running around before you know it...
ReplyDeleteThose first two pics of the "one" crack me up. I've been working on getting Kai to say two for his next b'day (less than 6 months away mind you!). I should work on the fingers. Cute cute. Still plugging away on the child care search!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday little Evie!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it either! I remember so well coming to visit ya'll in the hospital! Crazy!
I hope you guys are doing well, Love to you all!
Lindsey (Fine) :)
happy birthday! love her shirt.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Evie!!!!!!!!! It's so hard to believe she is already 1 years old. Not only are you 2 blessed with that special little angel but she is blessed with 2 wonderful parents!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! What a fun day!
ReplyDelete