Country went to town. I've never spent much time in "the big city." I felt about this big and Chicago felt THIS BIG! ![]()

There aren't "Deer Crossings" signs in the city, but there should be because I was a deer in the headlights pretty much from the moment our taxi went 90-to-nothing leaving the terminal at Midway. Pretty sure on our first walk to dinner ambulances were tending to someone who had been hit by a car. I'm not making light, but that's when reality set in, "This ain’t Kansas, Dorothy." I'm not so much known for being savvy, so at that point HB=0 and Chicago=1.
We ate lots of food... I'm real sure if I were to log onto our banking account (which I prefer not to) it would read: food....food....food...more food.."do y'all ever stop eating!?" So, needless to say, we felt kinda "off" towards the end of our stay.
(This is typical...Me taking pics and JB working...hello, these are fun mirrors, so BE FUN. I may just look like this after all the food I consumed.)
This is how "creative" my husband is, I tell him to do something "fun" and he gives me "jazz hands." SERIOUSLY?!
I saw lots of sights (remember, JB was at a conference and Yours Truly didn't wait around). Did lots of touristy things:
HELLO DREAM COME TRUE! I'm a chocolate junky to my core



Really and truly one of God's gifts to this earth.



He finally got to emerge from working one afternoon and joined me at the Navy Pier.


Jason and Harry Caray (I feel sure he would like for me to insert a disclaimer here: JB did not carry a "murse" ((man purse)) while we were there. He was being kind and carrying my camera bag so I wasn't tied down and could shoot freely-b/c I'm so professional ya know.

Some things, on the FAR other hand, not so touristy that have become QUITE the butt of jokes for us. We were RIGHT there, in all of our southern glory, with the locals at this hole (in the wall, TRULY). I'm pretty sure had we done the Gangster Tour, this would be stop numero uno (that's Spanish, not gangster, but whatever). This place was a riot. I HATE SNL, but if you’re a loyal watcher this place holds value because of a skit they once did there/about this place/something. I can't remember. I was too enthralled in the corner that said "Wise Guys" and actually had two of them staking their claims to remember the significance of Billy Goat Tavern. 
And, the best part of leaving is looking forward to the sweet renion with this tiny face! Oh, how I missed her and I was like a wild bull waiting to pull into my parent's driveway to put my hands on this chunk of pure love!!
That was a short glimpse of our time in Chicago. It was a wonderful, much needed break. Stay tuned one or two more updates before I seal the deal on Chicago (yes, I did take pictures of my deep dish pizza). One hint: JB's dreams come true...... And I wish I had taken hand sanitizer.



No comments:
Post a Comment