Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The family portrait

Taking EB to see Santa was similar to my first roller coaster experience. My dad took me to Six Flags and talked a big game about the “Scream Machine.” I was so excited because I was rather adventurous and maybe slightly on the tomboy side. However, when I got in line and saw “the hill” I remember having a mild panic attack………Fast forward 20+ years later with me standing in line with my child after building Santa up for a good several days and she was FIRED UP!

UNTIL…..
…He emerged from some random door. I thought I would be “wise” and walk her around to where she could watch the scene and be familiar wit hit. All in hopes that she would sashay her little self up there, tell the man she wanted Thomas (OF COURSE), get an adorable picture, she could ride the carousel for being good and we’d be done with the mall for the rest of the month.

FALSE! FALSE! FALSE! SISTER GIRL clung to her dad as if Santa would soon feed her to the reindeer. AND....There was me, “Jason! Just put her down. She’ll be fine. PUT HER DOWN AND LET’S GET THIS PICTURE.” I never said I was SUPER sensitive.
Fast forward again…….. Here is her our Santa 2010 picture…. AN ENTIRE FAMILY PORTRAIT WITH SANTA! This is what I get……Good thing I was dressed and not in my typical weekend way. Wouldn’t you know, after the fact, the little one got brave and wanted to go back and tell him one more thing……. So, I’m sorry to the family who had a two year old dart into their family moment with Santa to tell him “one more thing.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet EB! I love that profile picture, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete