At orientation we learned that “Your kids are now considered the ‘big’ kids here.” I took deep breaths and JB leaned over to make sure I wasn’t crying full out, ugly crying. On the heels of that info, we celebrated our first THIRD birthday of a classmate. Wow. It was a lot for this want-to-stop-time-panicked-she’ll-be-in-kindergarten-if-I-blink momma. It’s all good. This will be a great year and we’re excited.
So, we said goodbye to our beloved teachers in 116.
Last year was a great year for EB. She learned so much….like how to count to 30 with the exception of 26, 27 and 28. Did you know they are interchangeable? She also learned to say “butt.” We remedied that RIGHT quick and found out she learned that from her “daddy” and not her peers. She learned to use the potty and only occasionally tried to “potty like da’ boys.” She became incredibly independent and expanded her vocabulary threefold. I think her favorite accomplishment was wearing a helmet and learning to ride the big trikes…That one time we went to the ER for a busted lip was not from the big trikes. It was from her face planting into the corner of the windowsill. It was, indeed, a great year with an ER trip under my belt.
One thing that has tripped EB up is holding numbers up with her fingers. She has now perfected it and likes to practice. Here she is practicing….and concentrating. I hope this isn’t a sign of her taking on my MAD math skills... mad as in, almost drove me madly insane!



Tell EB she CANNOT skip and jump right to 30. Talk about making time want to stop.
ReplyDeleteShe is looking SO much like you. I'll start prayers for her math skills. Love the ice cream outfit!
She is precious! Hope she had a great day! We need to get her and James together and maybe she can teach him a few things :) he counts using only prime numbers!
ReplyDelete