skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I have been berated for my lack of blogging. I know you have been waiting with bated breath, you don’t have to tell me twice (twice, meaning all two of you who read this). The real truth of the matter is, we are just boring right now, and how sweet it is. January and February are pretty much the only two months where things remain at a normal pace- they also happen to be my LEAST favorite months of the ENTIRE twelve. So, see, we’ve just been hanging out, enjoying a little bit of down time. Less travel. Less projects. A few fewer demands. AND… a child who is CLIMBING the walls because all she wants to do is “Wide her bike outside before it gets dwark.” Well, it’s REALLY hard to beat the setting sun in the winter afternoons, so I’m waiting PATIENTLY for Daylight Savings Time. It is the MOST glorious day of the year when I get home and it feels like 3 p.m. Driveway time will be back in full session and I’ll have a happier child and dog, and the husband will have a much happier wife. I had a neighbor ask me once if we EVER went inside…. Not if I can help it.
I’m the determining factor of all things “too cold or too dark.” So, when I deem it appropriate to “wide the bike” we RIDE. I have to say, I’m pretty darn proud of how well EB has handled her bike. I thought she was WAY too young, and we still have our moments, but the girl can scoot.
I often find myself jogging to keep up or waking up every living creature to tell her to slow down. So, it has been really fun for her and really exciting for us to watch her achieve that little feat. Not to beat a very dead horse or anything, but it NEVER fails that I’m watching her ride and I think, “How in the WORLD is this my baby? When in the WORLD did she become this little girl?” It’s amazing and brings more joy than I could ever explain to you.
We’ve always had our reading time before bed, but it has taken on a new look these days. We read, we cuddle and before we say our prayers we just talk.
We rehash our day, we laugh, we joke, we solve MANY MANY of the world’s problems, she asks me stuff like, “We don’t eat yellow snow, right?” (did she SERIOUSLY ask me that? Where in the world did that come from??) and we say our prayers and our good nights. It’s like having a little adult. AND…then, I catch her on the stairs and send her to bed AT LEAST twice a night. Ok, that’s dramatic, but, as I’m told, “I just needed my mommy/daddy.” So, of course, we oblige..unless we really are on the second time and then the talons come out.
So, there ya go! These are precious days and we’re just enjoying them. March is on its way and we’re gearing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment