Wednesday, April 25, 2012

EB-isms

The past three days this girl has been ON. Every word out of her mouth has us in stitches. She really has no idea what she’s saying, I don’t think (or hope), but she says them VERY timely and it gets us. 


EB: I like your dress. You look so pretty, mommy. 
H: Aww. Thank you sweet EB. It’s just a skirt and you’ve seen it before. 
EB: Well, GO ON GIRL (with JUST enough umph to know she’s heard that before). 
H: (while laughing) Huh? What did you say? 
EB: GO ON…. You know, like GO ON REEEEEAL FAST. 


EB: When my baby gets here, I’m going to HOOOOOLD him. I’m going to FEEEEEED him (be my guest, sister-girl). I’m going to ROOOOOCK him. I’m going to SIIIIIING to him, [she starts singing REALLLY high pitched], “Don’t cry little baby….don’t cry anymoreeeeeeeeeeee.” Preach it, sister...err...sing it!


I have this pearl necklace that I’m now on my third version of because of some little hands. I took it off the other night and she picked it up and started swinging it. I asked her TWICE to put it down and she finally did and said, “Shhh…Listen, mommy, we don’t need to fight about this anymore. It’s ok.” REALLY? 


I LOVE the threes. I REALLY REALLY do….All for reasons listed above. She did point out someone’s WAY too long hair the other day as well as the very overweight person dining next to us, but…you know…it’s just part of it. Yes, we corrected her QUICKLY. My poor mom has a bag of tales all too similar where she has also experienced public humility from her sweet grand. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment