Monday, July 20, 2009

Mountain mayhem

This post will be long and probably boring for most of you…

A great weekend was had by all. Thanks to my parents for keeping the babe while JB and I were off on an adventure. His students were up in North Carolina with some incoming freshman doing some outdoor adventures. We joined them. It was fun. REALLY fun. I felt like I was a kid again and had the BEST time.



I love the mountains. However, I do think I’m on record earlier in the week saying, “If I’m driving ANYWHERE that’s 5+ hours, it better be to a beach.” Yeah, well, we went north instead of south- no beach, nor was the drive that long. However, Saturday I sat by the Nantahala and took it all in- ok, maybe I was just thankful to be alive at that point.... (ps the water was 42 degrees)It was beautiful outside. I was exhausted from the morning’s adventures. My hamburger was FABULOUS. The scenes of tennis shoes, paddles, etc floating down the river without their person was hilarious. My arms were still shaking and so were my legs. My diet coke was FABULOUS and I enjoyed spending time with Jason so very much.
We stayed in a quaint little bed and breakfast. So HELP me their Belgian waffles were to die for! I LOVE when things are quaint. It makes me wonder what life would be like if I lived in “quaint.”


The little bridged pathway to our room was pretty darn impressive. In my family, we have a small affinity to fish ponds and bridges (this bridge really was natural, dad).


The peace and quiet that was our b&b would soon be traded for this:





And this...

And so it began...

Dave, make sure it's tight. Dave, also make sure my husband takes GOOD care of EB. Also, Dave, one last wish, please update my blog for me in my absense.



It was high. Really high. I was really scared.


I put my life in her hands...That's scary. At least she's a nurse..or will be one day. HA!


Did I mention I had a ball? Did I also remind you that I'm TERRIFIED of heights? Let it be noted, that I did it... I just manned up and DID IT! I didn't go to the tippy-top for fear I might not come back down.


Moving on....






Oh wait... Where is Jason, you ask? Let's see.....Keeping his two feet on the ground and being in charge of "picture duty."



After putting your life in danger (b/c I feel strongly that that is just what I did-forget that I had on a harness, people), one deserves a NICE little campfire and....






s'mores, OF COURSE!



The babe was happy too and had a ball....



...And grew up over the weekend!


Of course, I'm so painfully sore, I can barely move. However, I'm not going to say that fears were conquered, but they were overlooked for a few short hours while we had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment