Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10 months cont.

The world of parenting has already proven to be challenging at times. We moms can set such high expectations that don’t always come to fruition. It isn’t like I wanted Sweet-E (get it? sweetie/sweet-E…har har har.This is her new nickname) doing equations by her first birthday….
When I dreamt of doing chair pics every month, I didn’t factor in “what if I have a WILD child?”

As far as “new tricks” we are setting the goal high. In the next month, we’ll be working on behaving lady-like!
I generally have a happy baby….UNTIL she doesn’t want to be happy, which is ALWAYS when I NEED her to be. For example, she had REAL pics with a REAL camera this past weekend. I think she smiled TWICE!
I don’t always deal well with STUBBORNNESS (just ask Jason Black)!
Until…. I look at this face and my heart overflows for this little girl that was entrusted to me to care for and love.


WE.LOVE.THIS.BABY.GIRL.Finally..... our 10 month chair pic!


In the past month (or few weeks since my update was so late last month), her braveness far outweighs her balance at this point. She tries SO hard to be big, but can’t quite swing it yet. I do think we will have a “walker” by her first birthday, but she also beats to her own drum. WE SHALL SEE!

She has done SO well on solids. We really don’t hold anything back anymore and she seems to handle it all very well. She did have her first cupcake recently at school and I don’t think “devour” is a strong enough word to describe her act of consuming it.

As you can see, we are indeed teething. She now has five teeth that she puts to “GOOD” use. Needless to say, she has also mastered the word “NO!” We use it occasionally often.

Oh what a HAPPY 10 months it has been!!

No comments:

Post a Comment