Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010?!

A friend asked me this morning if I remember where I was 10 years ago during the Y2K scare. I CANNOT REMEMBER AND IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS! The only thing I remember is waiting to see if the lights (and everything else) continued to work once we crossed over into 2000. I was just waiting for the hum of the power to cease. HOWEVER….WHERE WAS I??!?! AHHHH! I doubt I was babysitting (don’t laugh..that was GOOD money)… Maybe I was visiting my best friend in Atlanta (was I, Carlee?)…Maybe we were at the lake? This will plague me all day.

Nonetheless, 10 years have come and gone. I do remember asking myself, “Where will I be in 10 years? Kids? No kids? Married? In Birmingham?” Crazy. Dare I mention that I was a senior in high school headed to the University of Alabama in the fall?! I WAS! YIKES! Time flies and I love this life- 10 years later.


Here's a little fun:

New Year's Eve last year.

EB a couple of nights ago post-molars (thank goodness) + wild hair.

So, Happy New Years! We will be as EXCITING as EVER hanging at the casa. AND….well… If I’m being honest, I will likely be asleep by 10. It’s hard being as exciting as the Blacks, I tell ya.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Holly! Were you by chance at my mom and dad's house?! I am TERRIBLE at remembering my life, but I know we had a few people over and for some reason I am remembering you in the pictures!?! I might be crazy but I'll for sure have to check the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete