Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Leaving...

..on a jet plane, yes m’am I am. JB and I are hanging up our hardhats and we’re calling it quits. Well, he isn’t, but I sure as heck am! I’m putting away my badge, my hardhat, my safety vest, safety goggles and exchanging steel toe shoes for something MUCH more feminine and we’re hitting the streets of Chicago.
(This is not my daily wardrobe. I'm not smart enough to dress like this on a daily basis)

I’m beyond pumped. It’s a break that is MUCH needed. Granted, he’ll be in a conference, but this ol’ gal has NOTHING but time on her hands. I have books, maps, plans and not a stitch of clothing packed. I’ll get on that. We NEVER do stuff like this, so I feel like I’m living on the wild side and throwing caution to the wind….or something.

So, it will be my first time to hike it around Chicago. I’m SO excited…. yet, I’ll scream [southern] tourist. If any of you wise jetsetters have any sights to see or words of wisdom, feel FREE to comment. I PROMISE I’ll add it to my list-especially if it involves food.

As for this little gal, she’ll be staying behind.

I’ll be strong, I hope. I’ve never been away for that long, so I made JB promise to have me on the first flight back Sunday. She will be in GOOD hands while she plays in the creek, the ponds, breaks the rules, eats on the sofa, etc. etc. She’ll have to go back through “Mamma’s Boot Camp” come Sunday afternoon.


Go Cubs????

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!! I'm super jealous! You better do me proud and take a picture of at least one meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I wish we were still in Indy and I would hop over to see the Blacks! Michigan Avenue is fun because you have a lot of stores to choose from and there is a Hersey's store that has amazing cookies there as well. If you head out to Wrigleyville, there are a lot of fun pubs that have good hamburgers and stuff. Houndstooth Bar out there is the Alabama Alumni Bar where they show all of the football games for the Chicago alumni. If you get a chance, go eat a cinnamon roll at Anne Sather's. There are two locations near Wrigleyville.
    Here's the link for all the locations: http://www.annsather.com/Restaraunts%20Pages/Index_Restaurants.html
    Have SO much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete