Where to go first..??..?? We’ll just go backwards. That sweet little Evie Black turned two on Dec. 1.
I was so proud of myself for being strong… until I woke her up and she flashed a sleepy smile and said, “I two today.” Yes, yes you are! You know I like to live in the past and have this love/hate relationship with time because it just goes way too quickly. However, this fall EB has really grown so much developmentally. Her comprehension, vocabulary, knowledge, retention, etc. has just really flourished. She is hilarious to us in that we are now at the point that 1. There is NO telling what will come out of her mouth 2. She is ALWAYS listening, soaking in words and VERY likely to repeat them at a later time. 3. In her sponge-like state, she repeats most things..GOOD AND BAD. 4. Lastly, her reactions and facial expressions are PRICELESS. She is a good mix of a two year old little girl often times with the reaction of an 80 year old lady. Hilarious. A wonderful, fresh, exciting reminder of just how intricate and fascinating our Creator is…..also, such a great time of year to focus on that, I’d say. We had doughnuts at school.....

...with our teachers and everyone wore hats.
So, my little girly tomboy turned two. We had our family over for cake and ice cream. Evie is obsessed with two things right now in her life- Barney and Thomas the Train. Barney was not a cake option, so the gal got Thomas. Don’t laugh, although it’s tempting. The ONLY thing that allowed me to carry through was the joy on her face when she saw Thomas on her VERY.OWN.CAKE.
So, it was a done deal. Thomas it was. Ohhhhh the excitement……Ohhhhhh the thrill when we picked that cake up. The other “theme” (oh how I HATE “themes”) of her second birthday seemed to be “bouncy.” She walked away with a little toddler trampoline and “jump house,” as she describes it, from her Grands. So, all things dear to her were obtained by simply turning two….



Evie really only cared that two poeple came over to see her.....

This took an act of congress.....

AND this was a NO GO! I'm not strangling, clawing or choking her, just laughing hard and trying not to drop her. Never mind the death grip.....




Happy 2nd Birthday Evie! :o) Looks like you had a blast!
ReplyDeleteLoved seeing the "house" in person. What a piece of equipment. She's hilarious! I laugh everytime I think of "Horn".
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletewhoops! Didn't mean to delete my comment!
ReplyDeleteI'll try again...
Happy Belated Birthday, sweet Evie!!