Monday, March 16, 2009

Born a river rat, always a river rat...

I love nice people. So, this weekend was a wash in Birmingham. It rained ALLLLL weekend. Jason was out of town so Evie and I started our wet weekend off at Costco. We're cruising through Costco waiting for our-really MY-pizza to get done (ever had their pizza? YUM) and I spy lifejackets out of the corner of my eye. We desperately need a lifejacket for little EB because we spend lots of time here..... (my personal piece of heaven on earth)

So, we mosey on over. YES! They do have infant lifejackets for $20.99! AWESOME PRICE! BUT...they are all gone. I was SO sad. So, we go up to get our pizza and I just happened to ask if there were anymore infant lifejackets. They ask me to please wait and they'll get a forklift out and check the warehouse. To make a long story short, we waited for a WHILE. Finally a man asks if I need help (I'm sure I had my typical "what's going on" face). I told him we were waiting for a lifejacket and he said they thought I had left so they put it back. He felt so bad that he gave it to me for $10!! HOW AWESOME! Things like that happen to JB all the time, but never to me. SO, I was SUPER SUPER pumped. We had a dry run Friday night... Is she ready or what?

That man made my day and started off our weekend on the right note! Thanks, Costco man!! She'll be a river rat in NO time!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I love the blog already and Evie is the cutest river rat I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete