Ok, with that said, let’s just dive right in. I am a HUGE blog fan and they have been known to fulfill many dull, boring and even late night hours. Some blogs are so informative with recipes, interior designing, arts and crafts, etc., but I can ASSURE you that if that’s what you are looking for go ahead and type in a different URL. You may get a recipe occasionally, but I am NO Betty Crocker. So, I’m on here-against Jason’s wishes, I’m sure- to just blog about our boring lives. In December our lives were forever changed and blessed with the birth of Evie. Like every mom, I want to capture these moments that are QUICKLY fleeting. She is our biggest joy and I’m amazed every day, all day at what a miracle a baby is- we’ll get into that later.
Jason and I have been married almost three years. He is wonderfully serious and high strung and keeps our little family afloat. We laugh at him constantly with the antics he pulls, but he balances me out perfectly and, I THINK, we compliment each other to an art…maybe?! I, too, am high strung, but we are OCD about different things and it usually works out perfectly. He is incredibly smart and challenges me daily, whether I particularly like it or not.
So, we got engaged, started new jobs, broke ground on a house all before we shared a last name. It was an INTENSE pre-wedding time. We walked through our front door as Jason and Holly Black and soon adopted our “first born,” Gus. Gus is our mutt whom we love DEARLY and he IS part of our family. He is spoiled to the core, but we love his mutty self!
Right before our second anniversary (literally about a week before) we found out I was pregnant--DEFINITELY a jolt to our system and an adjustment that took a wee bit. However, on Dec. 1 Evelyn “Evie” (it’s like “heavy” without the “h”) Virginia Black was born and forever changed our perceptions, plans.. our lives. For two people that weren’t “ready” for children, she has stolen and matured our hearts and lives. Our faith has taken steps that I would have never imagined, thankfully. So, we are in a special place right now and life is good. I went back to work just 2 weeks ago. I’m learning the balance of work, home, baby (a dog, yes it exists), exercise and so on. As I’m sure you will be reading about very soon.
So, that’s us! Here we go on this little journey………..

Compliments of Laine Williams Photography



First comment!! Woo hoo!! I tried to post from my bb yesterday but it wouldnt let me:(
ReplyDeleteDon't worry...I will make sure you keep posting with LOTS of pictures of Evie! I can't wait to see the 4 month pictures. She is getting so chunky! LOVE it!!!