When all things are properly aligned- we can all breathe normally, the weather is right, we get home in time, dinner can wait, JB is still working and won’t slow us down with his SLOW Sunday-type saunter etc- I love NOTHING more than a good ol’ afternoon walk. We (meaning the pup and I) used to do this daily pre-EB and it was like a detox session from the day. My intentions to walk daily are still there and I miss it, but things happen…LIKE BEING SICK FOR OVER A MONTH. So, I hooked up my oxygen tank yesterday and decided to man up and walk…. While it wasn’t a speed walk like I like (gotta lose the EB weight), we had a nice, adventurous afternoon. Here’s how it’s likely to happen on any given day:
The participants....

My view of the road less traveled. We have this great parking lot for walking b/c I let "the wanderer" off his leash and he can roam and run as his little heart desires.

Sometimes we see one of these.....

Which makes Gus revert back to somewhere in his lineage (he's a mutt,remember) and he does this....
He REALLY thinks he'll catch it... and will pursue the "scent" FOREVER.

So, in the meantime, I MAY stop and wait for him. While waiting, we take cute pics on the camera phone.

Home again, home again jiggity jog.. We go on walks because it makes us all have this type of attitude...

All in an afternoon's walk.



Love it! I have not been brave enough to try one of our pups with the stroller...very impressed!
ReplyDeleteLove it and love those sunglasses! Watch out one day Gussers may catch it and promptly dump it in your living room floor...if that happens call me and I can walk you through it...HA HA
ReplyDelete