Friday, April 3, 2009

JB learns something new every day...


I’ve debated on posting this because I don’t want to “publicly” (for all 5 folks who read this) humiliate Jason, but humor is a good thing. I LOVE how innocent men can be.

Background info: Every day Evie gets a report card from daycare (I look forward to it daily. Poor child… I’ll be that mom that has it written in red on my calendar when she’s in school. I used to PRAY that my parents would forget that dreaded Friday afternoon every 9 weeks…. I mean, what was I gonna do? Trade in my bad grades over the weekend? I digress) . I’m not sure what’s so exciting about her having 3 wet diapers and knowing she ate all of her bottle (we know that’s a given), but its vital information for me at this stage in her life. SO-I’m such a rambler- here’s the story:

So, I get the said report card on the first day and immediately fall in love with that piece of paper. It marks her mood, when she ate and how much, when she napped and when she was changed and whether it was wet, dry or "bm." So, I was proudly showing it to JB and he said, "WHAT?! BM? What the heck is that? Bring More (meaning diapers)?"

Yep, welcome to my life…. I/we laugh, but deep down I’m so thankful that he’s so engaged and cares to read her report card everyday. He always asks to see it. LOVE THAT! Most dads entrust all that “business” to the mom and carry on about their day. Being meticulous to his core, wound tighter than an 8 day clock, having strong tendencies to live in/by excel and having everything in his closet showroom worthy has rendered itself sweet in being a daddy to EB.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you decided to post this. I was telling Brooke and Leigh Anne this story at lunch and they thought it was hilarious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "BM" is a HIGHLY used term in my vocabulary!!! :)

    Love it, guys! So, WHEN are we on for DRIVEWAY TIME!?!?! Call me, Holly, or let me know when you see me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the 'BM'. I've heard ladies in the nursery use that. I mean really? Do we talk about our own poop that way? No. Why not call it dirty or poopie?

    ReplyDelete