So, you know how I LOVE to reflect back, right?! Travel back with me, if you will….. This day a whole wide year ago I woke up with so much excitement/anxiety I could barely function. I jumped out of bed, grabbed Gus and away we went on a two mile walk. After all, it was early and I HAD to get the babe moving because we were mere hours from finding out what “THIS” was….

GB and I walked, prayed for the day and loaded up and went to McDonalds for a LARGE Diet Coke and breakfast for JB (don’t you worry.. you KNOW I had a gravy biscuit). Ohhh what a day. After all that hoopla, we got to the doc and, OF COURSE, the babe would NOT perform. Is it too much to ask them to show us their business just once…JUST FOR ONE TINY SECOND. So, (I’m really wishing I had my journal with me to pull out some excerpts) in the mean time, we checked all of the organs, arteries and whatever else it is that they do. ALL OF THE SUDDEN the babe moved and the tech told us she knew……. gasp…can’t breathe…. I was laughing so hard that it made her little Doppler thing move off of the baby. Thankfully she got it right back and said, “Well, folks, what we have here is a ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-by (b/c we needed more anticipation. I wanted to strangle her) G!I!R!L!” AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The laughter ERUPTED and JB sat there. WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE WE GONNA DO WITH A BABY GIRL?!?! And, well, here we are a year later in so much love that we can't hardly stand it. Jason Black melts when EB smiles at him, acknowledges him or breathes for that matter. So, wow…. a whole year later. Isn’t it incredible to see that ultrasound pic and then to see this pic….. AMAZING! What an incredible, mighty God we serve.
Anyway, thanks for traveling back. That’s a fun memory that is so so vivid for me. The story was only just beginning of that day and it was SO fun to call and tell everyone and listen to them erupt in laughter over the thought of JB having a girl. Well, folks, the Lord knew what he needed and he really is a great daddy to little EB. He wasn’t the only one, I went to buy our first “gender friendly” outfit and COULD NOT for the life of me buy something pink, ruffled or a “dress.” So, I went and picked out paint instead. (note: we were NOT upset...just shocked. See, I had convinced EVERYONE that we were having a boy b/c of my cake walk pregnancy. Well, almost everyone as my mom whipped out a pink blanket when the tech said "girl." funny times)
Now, what’s more American that baseball, hotdogs ($.25 ones at that), Diet Coke, flip flops and a babe in her 4th of July attire? Ahhh, Americana at it’s finest, I’d say. Thanks Gracie for letting Baby Evie borrow your dress. EB wore it and was pretty darn cute, if I must say so. She tried to eat the sleeves, but we’ll wash it and iron it before we return it, ok?! 


We’ve been getting geared up for the long weekend at our house. Thankfully Evie is finally well and we are headed to the lake. I’m almost giddy. I LOVE the lake! I spent last summer sitting on the dock while everyone participated in various water sport extravaganzas, but not this year folks… I’M GAME! What child of Ron and Lynn’s doesn’t show up at the lake for the 4th? That would be Clay and I’m really really sad. He is SUCH a source of entertainment and fun. Summer jobs STINK, don’t they little brother?! You’ll be missed.
Last summer:



You know, I get real sentimental about holidays such as this. I’m a HUGE fan of our military and the work they do daily to allow us the freedoms that I take for granted. Every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner (even with my half eaten $.25 hotdog in hand) I get teary as images of so many friends, family and neighbors pop into my head that I’m so proud of and truly respect. They don’t read my silly ol’ blog, but I do appreciate you so very much. I’m thankful that you allow me to spend an extra day with my family playing at the lake and not worrying about our freedom b/c you fight for it. I’m thankful for the sacrifices you make for the job that’s been asked of you with very few accolades.So, thanks to you, we will enjoy our freedom this weekend while we have fun.
I’m gonna show you my REAL roots…. I LOVE Toby Keith. So, here ya go!
Ok, people, Happy 4th! Have fun. Be safe. The babe and I shall return next week.



Girl, when I first saw this post...the ultra sound...I thought, "Holly's pregnant again!"
ReplyDeleteWow...Then, I kept reading!! :) Happy 4th!!
I remember when you told me you were having a girl... i just knew I was destined to have a boy!
ReplyDeletehappy 4th. love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteFirst,I agree I thought you were pregnant again too and that B and I were going to have to get busy since I told you I would meet you on #2...WHEW...Second, I can't believe it has been a year...are you sure?? Time really does fly doesn't it?
ReplyDelete