Friday, May 14, 2010

“Our” grads

I debated on “sending” off our grads (considering I haven’t even written about Mother’s Day yet)…. So here we go again, sending off another group of students who I adore. This comes around WAY too often.

I love them. They (along with grads from two years ago, last year and the near future) hold SUCH a very special place in our hearts. They are a huge reason why JB is where he is today. They love my child. They were as excited about her arrival as we were. They love us (I think), although not as much we love them. I feel like I’m in my element when they are in my house and I’m serving them-although, they serve us more than we serve them. We always want them to feel like they are welcome, and at home away from home. If you knock on my door, that means you’re a newbie. If you’re a student and don’t know the code to my garage door, you’re a newbie. If you’ve never asked me to wash your OL shirt, nurse uniform and the like, well… Do we know you?!

This weekend you’ll turn the page to a whole new chapter called ADULTHOOD! We are SO proud of y’all. We love y’all like you’re our own. I’ll miss y’all and will need you to call, text, FB me, read my blog…SOMETHING. This is an exciting time and we are so thankful for the year(s) we got to spend with you guys. You guys deserve the whole world. I was at pinning this morning for the nursing students and their speaker said, “Don’t flaunt your success, but don’t apologize for it either.” I thought of EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.YOU. You all will do well, you’re too equipped not to. We’ll look back and say, “We remember them when……”

We love y’all! Best of luck. I look so forward to seeing the Lord’s plan for each of you- it will truly be something spectacular because you are extraordinary! Thank you for loving Jason Black! Thank you for loving me! Thank you for loving Evie and treating her like she was your baby sister. Thank you for supporting us. Thanks for the fun, guys! I’ve laughed harder in the last couple of years than I think I EVER have.

I could go on…. but that’s enough. Too many words and memories.


sometimes they wore weird makeup....

The day after EB was born...

See, they supported JB....

The prepared him for having a girl...

Pre-EB

We go Greek.....

If you were a freshman would you be scared?

We love y'all!!! Keep in touch, ya hear?!

No comments:

Post a Comment