Monday, April 27, 2009

Don’t give me a challenge….

So, did you hear about Stadium Fest or get stuck in the INSANE traffic on Lakeshore from the event? Rick and Bubba along with Scott Dawson ministries (I don’t know all of the details, so don’t hate if I have it a little wrong) and some other groups planned this HUGE [REALLY HUGE] event where they brought in speakers, musicians and all sorts of family activities to Samford’s campus, who agreed to host the masses. The intent, from what I gather, was a day for families to have fun, relax along with enjoying a day of worship. There were activities for children in the mornings and then concerts and speakers that evening for adults.

To say it was a success may be a bit of an understatement. I’m a huge Rick and Bubba fan and I vaguely remember them saying they were expecting maybe 10,000 to show up….Um…. 25,000 was the count at the end. Anyway, since Jason Black works at Samford I remembering hearing some odds and ends about SF and how they were gonna pull this off, etc. Then last week JB came home and said he was asked to speak and give the welcome. He, of course, downplayed it (in typical JB fashion) and said there would hardly be anyone there when he did his welcome at 3. “EXCUSE ME…have you heard all of the advertisement on Rick and Bubba?? You best be ready, buddy!” was how our conversation went. Not to mention, I thought it was such an honor that they asked him. I was so excited- I had a post already in the making- to go and be a part of it, but with it being so hot and EB still not feeling well (and me too, for that matter) we decided to not go and battle the crowds and we became JB’s personal chauffeur. All Saturday morning he made notes, scratched out notes and prepared his little “ditty.” As I dropped him off I was SO sad to miss it, but had ONE plea… PLEASE GET A PIC OF YOU WITH RICK AND BUBBA, PUH-LEASE. However, he’s way too cool for that and didn’t follow through.

I emailed him this morning and asked him to send me any pics that came across his desk. His reply “There won’t be any b/c it wasn’t that big of a deal… I wasn’t that important.” Mr. Black, OHHH CONTRAR… I got on Rick and Bubba’s Web site and what to my wandering eyes should appear??? Well, a picture of JB doing his welcome, of course. Don’t give me a challenge, people….
.

2 comments:

  1. VERY cool! We were sad to miss it for being sick too =(. I heard great things about it all. Congrats to the celeb fam. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Holly,
    I am so glad we've found each other's blogs. I will love watching EB grow. She is such a cutie! Congrats to JB for being involved with such a great event. Hope you all get to feeling better.

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete