Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lovin’ the Courtyard…

So, I’ve mentioned my LOVE for our neighbors- I have the BEST neighbors in the world and I’m CRAZY about them. We have come to all know and expect what we lovingly call “Driveway Time” at my house. Jason and I have a bunch of camping chairs, but that isn’t to say that you can’t bring your own, we just have LOTS! So, we pull them out on the driveway and all sit out there and banter back and forth while the kiddies+Gus and Jag romp and play. I mean, it’s the best and it’s right up there on my list with my most favorite things. BECAUSE…my neighbors are AWESOME. It’s mostly the same crowd, but on any given day there’s a myriad of characters that partake in DWT (driveway time) it’s just downright fun, folks.

ANYWAY.

So, I’m warned Friday morning on my way to work that at 5 p.m. Mr. Jason has promised a water war to our beloved little Livingstons… I laugh b/c 1. I do live with a 12 year and 2. He’s NEVER home at 5 p.m. so he is just setting the scene for some heartbreak. LOW AND BEHOLD, that man pulled in at 4:50 and while he “loaded his guns”…eh…distressed from the day, I saw/heard this commotion:


Ok, does he not steal your heart? How could Mr. Jason shoot him with water….. Well….

A little smack talk with the boys (look at Cole..LOVE THIS)….

This is the next thing I saw…. OPEN FIRE…

So, this goes on for a while. What are the lovely ladies doing, you may ask (after us moms were yelling ‘DO NOT WET THE BABIES’)??
Look at this child? I could eat her with a spoon! She is this sweet ALL the time.

Then, there is this child who pitched a fit b/c all she wanted was some shut eye (like I tell her, stop getting up at 4 a.m. and you wouldn’t miss the party, Miss PRISS! She does sleep with her eyes open).

Back to the war.

Is this a surrender I see…..

OF COURSE NOT..MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN!

Gus Black watching it all on the front row.

As the white flag was raised, I was DYING to get a picture b/c this was the BEST afternoon so far of the warm weather. UM… to say I got what I wanted is an understatement….. I was the IDIOT that squatted down in serious photography mode in front of the armed water warriors…. (they were scheming… why did I not catch on?)
and I got doused.


You think DWT is over…HARDLY! Everyone dried off in cozy clothes, a variety of dinners were ordered (unfortunately ours took 2 hours) and we partied on….

Look at these sweet brothers.


Still sleeping….

Here we all are!! Well, not all of us because there are lots of fun neighbors missing, but this was Friday’s crew. SO FUN! You should bring your lawn chair..or sit in mine... and come hang out with the Courtyard gang. We have LOTS of fun.

I love these people!

3 comments:

  1. Holly, you did an awesome job recapturing all the fun. Might I add that you are definitely the most gracious host. I know sometimes we can be a BIT overwhelming. We absolutley love DWT. I have been anxiously awaiting the warm weather to be able to start are gatherings. I hope my boys have these precious memories with them forever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I missed a good ole time! :(

    We were in Louisiana. Well, we should be around this Friday night!! Call me if we're doing driveway time! :)

    ReplyDelete