Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Random is my middle name…

sun, toes, Sister Hazel, babeless night, shopping…and FEVER (what?!) It started to sound so luxurious didn’t it?! BUMMER! Our weekend was full of such randomness…

This blog could be like 6 separate posts... My brain is frazzled from today’s (I’m writing this Monday, let’s see if it gets posted) experiences at the peds office. Have you ever seen your baby catheterized (is this a word?) for a urine sample?! It has, clearly, scarred me for the time being and I'm not over it. Usually in situations like the aforementioned event I'm the cool, calm and levelheaded one... Um... NOT so much today when I was informed baby girl needed to give a urine sample and that was their means of obtaining one (I would have GLADLY rung that diaper out for a urine sample and don’t think I didn’t ask to). WHEW! To make a long, tearful story short we (and I do mean "we") survived! Evie Black is a super star! Evie went to bed Sunday night with a fever-out of nowhere, may I add- and woke up with a higher one. So, off we went back to the doc. I hope we're done with sick appts. Granted, we do have a 4 month appt next week. After the poor babe was just short of tortured (with the above, blood drawn like she was an adult and a flu test) she had a marathon nap and all was well. I’m amazed at a baby’s ability to have such a short term memory. I need that in many things, including my contractions from labor. STILL LINGERING…. not the contractions, but the memory.

Moving on, Saturday was SO beautiful. I got to keep my little neighbor Luke and, oddly, went inside with a sunburn. Sorry, Marianne, I really did take GREAT care of him and, let it be noted, I kept him clean (he was having his pic made and I made him PROMISE not to wrestle with Gus in the grass). I wish I had taken a picture of our “Easter Egg” hunt substituted with action figures. It was a big time! Luke is HILARIOUS and keeps us in stitches most of the time.

Moving on, we had been planning for months to go to Montgomery and see our sweet friends, the Parsons, and send EB to the grands this past weekend. Frank has been working so hard to plan a huge community event on Huntingdon’s campus and in an effort to bring in the dinero, he got Sister Hazel to come and perform. We were so pumped, but JJ’s dad got really sick last week and our plans slightly changed. HOWEVER, we loaded up last minute and decided to head down anyway and support Frank. We had a blast, but (I hate I have no pics) I realized that I’m such an old soul. I’ve always been told this, but I didn’t understand until it Saturday night. How about I enjoyed the covered band, “Chevy 6,” singing oldies more than Sister Hazel?!?! Yes, as a matter of fact I am 27. OH WELL! So, we had a great time, enjoyed the fellowship with Frank, but sure did miss our little Katie Ruth, Walker and JJ. Can’t wait to see them SOON!


It’s a past time in our house to sit and watch Evie. Sure, that may sound boring to some, but it’s a rite of passage after having baby. They are the most interesting, funny little beings. So, while she may not be unlike any other baby, she’s mine and I think she’s FABULOUS. WELL, I’ll be darn, she found her feet!! Sure, this is quite the hurdle for the babe b/c she has several barriers, but that belly didn’t hold her back for long. So, that entertained us forever because she felt special and that alone deserved my oooohing and ahhhhing.




Got 'em!



OH something else exciting happened(I hope Shireen doesn’t mind me blasting her name on my blog)… Shireen (click to read the story on her blog) and I went on an adventure a couple of months ago and she brought me the finished product Sunday night. I am SO excited. I think they turned out very cute. I’m SO sad we didn’t get a pic of all us that day, but here is EB’s plate. I think it is ADORABLE..and sad (she was so tiny then). Thanks Shireen! I’m so pumped! She did a sailboat theme for her little boy and it is SUPER adorable as well. **I can’t wait to talk about my neighbors in a later post. We have WAY too much fun and I love them.

Evie's footprints in action

The finish product. LOVE IT!


Just some fun pics of the babe:


Evie has started really smiling from the camera.. I can't help but snap away on that little face

This girl loves her daddy..can't blame her. No, that shirt would NOT stay down over that belly

Just go ahead and melt my heart, EB!

WOO HOO!! Life is FUN! You sure wouldn't know this little munchkin was a few hours away from a big ol' fever.




1 comment:

  1. She is soooooo cutie!!! I am glad she has made a full recovery. Hope the shots go well today. I love the plate. Plus you saved the day Miss Holly. Luke is still talking about playing at your house!

    ReplyDelete