SO, we FINALLY made it back to church for Easter (I guess we were ‘those’ people) and it was heaven-sent, I tell ya. Gosh, I loved it so much. I could have sat there all day singing and listening. It was WONDERFUL!! Just what we needed. Yes, I was that mother that paraded into the sanctuary with babe in tow. I have ALWAYS said I would never do that, BUT, we JUST got over the funk and I did NOT want to battle it again ($75 in 2 weeks for copays alone. Our checking account would like a break too). SO…in we marched with Evster. She was AWESOME. She just sat in her carrier and stared. I loved looking over and having my sweet little family all enjoying worship together—Life is good!
Our preacher did a monologue based on the life of Barabbas. AMAZING, is all I can think to say. Sure, it was different and quite a leap, but Jason and I were truly amazed. It was awesome. I loved this quote that was printed in our worship guide and couldn’t wait to put it on here to share with you;
“The Gospels do not explain the resurrection; the resurrection explains the Gospels. Belief in the resurrection is not an appendage to the Christian faith; it is the Christian faith.”– J.S. Whale
Isn’t that powerful?! I spent most yesterday dwelling on that. THEN, my adorable (I almost cried) little neighbor came over and in his sweet little voice said, “Mrs. Holly… He is not here, He has risen!!” MELT MY HEART, LUKE LIVINGSTON (isn’t that how it went, Marianne, I think so)!! So, what a beautiful Easter we had at our house.
WOW! My little family unit (minus Gus..he was waiting for his girlfriend to come out and play).
Little House on the Prairie?
I couldn't let Easter sneak by without a bonnet. Who can blame me?
Scared?
I love this baby girl...bonnet and all!
Of course, it was EB’s first Easter and we have to dabble (Jason and I are on the verge of being 12) in some Santa and Easter Bunny… Granted, her basket consisted of all things necessary in the life of a 4 month old: pacis, socks, lotion, soap, bibs and maybe some sunglasses and some teething rings. 
How about my aunt made this basket for EB?! IMPRESSIVE! She'll use it and I'll treasure it forever.

Evie, did your bonnet cut off your circulation?

Stevie...Stevie Wonder?
Ok, more family Easter pics coming soon...



I so love the sunglasses!!! She is so cute!!
ReplyDelete