Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BIG day = LONG post

What a big day for the little miss. Let’s start back a year ago today…. I remember on this very day a year ago calling my friend Jennifer and asking a MILLION questions about pregnancy symptoms. I suspected I was pregnant, but couldn’t quite face the music just yet. I was TERRIFIED (this is all laughable now, so don’t interpret it incorrectly) to break it to JB. Jennifer was a month ahead of me on the pregnancy track and so she got to field all of my questions- I’m not sure she caught on at first but then I ignored her call for a good three weeks and she caught on QUICKLY! She unknowingly confirmed my “fears” (it’s so hard to type that knowing what I know now) and so it began…….

TODAY is Evie’s 4 month birthday. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A YEAR AGO I WOULD BE TYPING THIS!?! I’m so excited, yet sad all at the same time. There aren’t words to describe the joy she brings to us. As mentioned before, looking back on this time last year I just laugh. The Lord’s timing is simply amazing to me, His humor impeccable and mercies are definitely new EVERY morning. How refreshing…and so is this tiny life that I’ve been entrusted with. NO PRESSURE, FOLKS! I think I’ve established that we don’t struggle in the height and weight department, here’s a short list of where we are to date (these are more for my memory-feel free to skip):




  • I’ve been waiting for my MOST favorite noise on earth- the baby laugh. Well, it has made its presence known in our house. Now, she is by no means doing the contagious belly laugh, but it’s a laugh, darn-it, and it would warm the coldest of hearts, I tell ya.


  • We have not accomplished a FULL roll over, but we’re working hard at it. While I know this needs to happen soon, I’m just fine with her not rolling over YET. I love milestones, but they make me sad (is that weird? Can’t she stay my tiny baby forever?)


  • Unfortunately her 4 month appt. (with shots) got canceled due to her illness, so I’m not sure of her current “stats,” but at 2 months she was in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. Last week at her sick appointment, she weighed right under 16 lbs…. LOVE IT! Laugh if you want!


  • She is still on straight formula (8 oz every 5 hours during the day)- which will get tossed up a bit at her 4 mos. appt. Rice cereal? Perhaps.


  • Evie has great head control and in turn, sits up incredibly straight and can even sit by herself for just a little bit on my lap before diving to the side.


  • Even though her cold threw her off a bit, she is successfully still sleeping through the night. WHEW!


  • The girl LOVES a bath!!


  • She is very attentive and will smile her big ol’ gummy smile at ANYONE who gives her the SLIGHTEST attention.


  • Speaking of, she LOVES attention and pretty much demands it most of the time. She loves to be engaged right now and doesn’t like to be left alone…. makes for some interesting moments.


  • Her hands are into EVERYTHING that’s in reach. She will grab a cup, plate, earring, hair, toy, etc if she can get those fat fingers around it.


  • Her love for that paci grows EVERY day. If a paci can’t be found, her hands are her next choice.


  • We still battle spit-up every minute, but now it’s mixed with drool. GOSH! She is SUCH a drooler. We go through multiple bibs a day.

    **Still reading? It’s almost over*



  • Evie is a cat napper. She’ll rub her little eyes, settle in against your chest and is down for the count.


  • Lastly, she’ll hear my voice and break her neck finding me. Or, Jason will walk into a room and those dimples are ALL aglow. It makes me so proud. The love is all mutual at my house. HA!

    Ok, I think that’s all I’ll note at this time. I have “misplaced” my CD of her baby baby pics, so you’ll have to just see what I have right now. Here is her 4 month chair pic along with some of the others:

HAPPY 4 MONTH BIRTHDAY, EB! Look how big you are!


3 MONTHS




2 MONTHS


Almost done…PROMISE!

NOW, for the BIG day…. Evie is at her FIRST day of daycare TODAY! SO HELP ME….. We were BEYOND blessed (I’ll post on that later) to have my family each take a week and keep her during March. SO, today was the big day. I have been dreading it and dreading it. I had it ALL planned out that JB would drop her off and I would come swooping in at 4 and “rescue” her. WELL… I was informed last night that it would probably be best if I joined him this morning for my peace of mind…oh mercy…. he’s always so dang right! SO, off we went. Last night as I rocked her and bawled I just prayed for her sweet little self, her first big day and for her workers- remember, she can be a handful. I left there this morning (after correcting them and telling them she’s “Evie,” not “Erie” because it was marked on EVERYTHING! Laughter was good) with a great sense of peace that I’m very grateful for at this moment. However, 4 p.m. CANNOT come soon enough! Mark my words, this little daycare is going to end up being the biggest blessing to us..especially since I WAS NOT a fan at the very beginning. Well, I’m finally done and I know you’re relieved! If you’re still reading… wow, I feel loved!



Lamb? check! Paci? check! I'm ready, mom! Show me the way!



Evie's "first day of school" pic.
Did you notice that I NOW "smile" for the camera?! It must come with turning 4 months old!

***** My little baby love is having a GREAT day they said. They told me that she is the sweetest baby and so easy (it's only day 1). She is just sitting back, taking it all in and enjoying her day. She has done nothing but smile and laugh all day.
WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!*****




5 comments:

  1. Ohhh...how I remember that day at Flemings when you would have nothing to do with your food. WEIRD. So glad EB is having a sweet first day! I will make sure your feet are hitting the crosswalk at 3:50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!! I am so glad it is going well...and her smiley picture just makes me want to pinch her cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I get choked up just reading this post. She looked like she had a great day. I am so glad I got to hold her yesterday it was long over due. Who would have thought a year ago where we would be today. We are so blessed and grateful to have you guys as neighbors. EB is not the only one who looks forward to you coming home. Luke goes around just checking to see if your car is in the drive way yet! It is like he has radar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you!! I waited for your blog for awhile and then gave up but then noticed you'd posted it on facebook yesterday and I had to catch up! I learned my blog stalking from the best. =) Evie is precious and I love reading about your adventures. (And yes I did read every word.) I would be interested in knowing where she is going to school and how you like it.

    ReplyDelete