Friday, June 26, 2009

Dads

What would we do without dads that love us and mean the world to us? Especially for us daddy’s girls out there.

I’m a bit behind on posting. Looking back through pics, I CANNOT believe I did not get ONE pic of JB and EB on his FIRST Father’s Day (in my defense, he had to leave after lunch and go to work and I had planned to get pics that evening. Well, by the time he got home she was sporting her 102.5 temp and things went downhill from there. still, no excuse!). Wow, I feel like a horrible documenter (especially since I have pics of my dad and g’dad). Geeez! Well, this will have to do:


The first time JB held EB. Sweet moment. His life was forever changed and I'm REAL confident he wouldn't change this moment for anything...ever! I, personally, wouldn't trade this picture!



What a fun and OFTEN entertaining six months it has been watching Jason become a sweet daddy to EB. NOTHING... I REPEAT….NOTHING makes Evie Black smile bigger than when JB either walks into a room or just looks over and acknowledges her.
Sure, he said he would never change a dirty diaper, but you know….. don’t ever say “never.” You might as well forget the smocked dresses and ruffled outfits if Jason's around. He wants her in a white onesie. It melts his heart and cracks me up. If he’s ever left in charge, she is stripped down and redressed in a onesie WITHOUT FAIL. In fact, he is on “doctor duty” today and I feel quite sure that she sported a onesie to the doc, while having some belief that it is better in fever reducing methods over the outfit I had her in. Jason also has a strong aversion to infants in pools. So, EB very well may not see a pool until she’s like 5…or 20. See, entertaining.

We’ve had lots of fun, funny and insane moments and moments that made me so mad I could have cussed, but at the end of the day Jason is a sweet daddy to EB. As much as I hate how the time flies, I look forward to watching them mature their relationship and seeing her waddle out in the yard behind him. There will also be inevitable moments when she says something that she overheard him say and lots of damage control will take place on my end…fun times ahead. However, JB is far wiser than me and I look very forward to watching him raise and teach her. CHEERS TO FUTURE YEARS!

Moving on in pics….


Happy FIRST Grandfather's Day, Dad. We love you so much.



Happy FIRST GREAT Grandfather's Day, G'daddy. If EB is around no one is allowed to have her EXCEPT for him. He will straight up walk over and take her from anyone holding her. That's ok... I LOVE that he loves her so much...ahem..and thinks he's the only one capable of handling her-until she starts crying!



The world stops when DADADADADA walks in....



Do you think she is spoiled? Perhaps?


This is the second time I've looked back at pictures and realized I should have seen how puny her eyes looked. This is RIGHT before THIS week's sickness kicked in. It changes weekly, evidently (just heard from the gang. ANOTHER double ear infection. Sigh). Regardless, such a sweet sweet, happy baby. EB, is your hair turning red or is it just the chair?!


We love all of the men in our family and appreciate them more than they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment