Preface: If you know me in the SLIGHTEST you know that I’m not only a fast-food JUNKIE, but I HEART Mexican- cheap Mexican at that. I’m talking where the quesadillas are like $2.50. Don’t take me to some fancy schmancy Mexican place, I want NONE of that. Also, don’t judge while reading this. You do what it takes to keep a babe happy, ESPECIALLY when it’s an hour past her bed time. Lastly, we love Jesus, but I will drink a margarita. Just saying.
Moving on.
Early detection is key in children. I always hear, “stay on top of them” or “know where they are at all times” or, most importantly, “know who they are hanging out with”……. WELL, in this case, who knew it would be her AUNTIE K?! GUILTY AS CHARGED!
I would like to think that I’m a responsible mom and that I usually have it all together. HOWEVER, there are those moments late into the night (8:15 p.m.) when the babe is not in bed and things get a little hairy. So, my kind aunt, uncle AND HUSBAND (note: I said HUSBAND) escorted the babe outside while I gathered an SUV’s (thank goodness) worth of entertainment off the table, floor, high chair, rafters, etc. You can imagine my entertainment when this was her entertainment…..
Moving on.
Early detection is key in children. I always hear, “stay on top of them” or “know where they are at all times” or, most importantly, “know who they are hanging out with”……. WELL, in this case, who knew it would be her AUNTIE K?! GUILTY AS CHARGED!
I would like to think that I’m a responsible mom and that I usually have it all together. HOWEVER, there are those moments late into the night (8:15 p.m.) when the babe is not in bed and things get a little hairy. So, my kind aunt, uncle AND HUSBAND (note: I said HUSBAND) escorted the babe outside while I gathered an SUV’s (thank goodness) worth of entertainment off the table, floor, high chair,

I guess this is what I get for never getting the child a mobile.

Child, please refrain from looking so excited. It doesn't say a whole lot about our parenting for you to be giddy over a beer bottle.

No. You're high maintenance, remember?! You require soy, not barley and hops.
Adios amigos.
disclaimer: [mom] no babies chugged during this photo extravaganza. She likes inflatable things that whimsically float in the summer breeze. Note: all crying ceased when the libation floated in front of her face.



that's too funny.
ReplyDeleteLove it!! Whatever makes her happy =) Gracie had a blast playing with those when we were there last weekend!!
ReplyDeleteAuntie K - can't be trusted.. Remember what all we have been through growing up! Well at least we survived!
ReplyDelete